Desmond's Dream

With time, Kelvin and Desmond had become a force to be reckoned with. Ever since the fight and Desmond's drunken night a little over a week into their time together, the two were a fine-tuned machine.

As Mama Cass played throughout the Swan station, its inhabitants were preparing for the day ahead. The clock reset and Desmond stood up and walked into the kitchen just as the toaster popped. He caught two Dharma Pop Tarts without breaking stride as the tarts flew through the air. Kelvin poured and slid a cup of coffee across the counter and Desmond grabbed it on his way over to the dining room table. After he grabbed his coffee, Desmond tossed one of the Pop Tarts backwards over his shoulder without even having to glance back at where Kelvin was standing. Without glancing up himself, Kelvin caught the Pop Tart with one hand as he poured his own cup of coffee with the other before joining Desmond at the table.

"We're getting pretty good at that, Des!" Kelvin remarked as he slid into the booth across from his Scottish friend. "Aye," replied Desmond as he sipped his coffee. "You brew a mean pot of coffee, brother," he informed Kelvin. "Thanks, buddy!" He exclaimed, then the two fist-bumped as they continued eating their Dharma Pop Tarts and chugging their coffee.

Before long, the beeps started and the men locked eyes. "Nose goes!" The two exclaimed in sync as Kelvin narrowly beat Desmond to the punch. "Ah, damn it!" Desmond exclaimed, slamming his coffee mug down on the table. "I pressed it last time!" Kelvin shook his head. "We agreed," he countered, "and fair is fair." Desmond sighed as he stood up and walked into the computer room to type in the Numbers and press "execute." The Scotsman then walked back to the table, sitting down in a huff. "Get over yourself, Des," Kelvin said. "Besides, I pressed it more times than you did last night." Desmond slammed his hands down on the table and shouted, "No, you didn't!"

So maybe they still fought over the button every now and then. But other than that, they were a well-oiled machine. Ignoring Desmond's outburst, Kelvin finished off the last of his coffee and walked over to place his mug in the dishwasher. "I'm sorry, brother," said Desmond as he followed Kelvin into the kitchen. "You weren't drinking again, were you?" The Sexy Scot shook his head. "I was, um, havin' a dream last night," Desmond shared as he walked over to the bookshelf, pulling out The Adventures of Food Boy and popping the disc into the DVD player. "We could shoot food out of our hands like Ezra." Kelvin's jaw dropped. "Wow, Des," he said in wonderment, "what if we can?"