Sad Boy Hours

Desmond watched Kelvin open the door and disappear into the wilderness, the door slamming shut behind him. That was the closest Desmond had come to the outdoors in over a week. The Sexy Scot slinked back over to the living room area and began sifting through the records on the bookshelf. Desmond scoffed at the dated records on the shelf. Because the Dharma Initiative was founded in 1970, the music selection was antiquated by 2001 standards. One record did catch his eye, however, so Desmond removed it from the sleeve and played it.

You've gotta...MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC, SING YOUR OWN SPECIAL SONG...

As Mama Cass Elliott's voice rang throughout the station, Desmond began to cry as he thought about his fight with Kelvin. Desmond just wanted to be besties, and perhaps he had been too pushy with him. Desmond hoped the older man understood that he simply wanted answers to his many questions. Guess I'll just have to wait, Desmond thought to himself as he wandered over to the pantry. He spotted a bottle of Dharma merlot, popped the cork and began to drink.

"Even if nobody else sings aloooong..." an inebriated Desmond slurred along with Mama Cass. The song played on a loop, because Desmond loved it so much. He found the lyrics especially inspiring in times like these. The poor bloke was not only stranded on some strange island in a strange underground bunker with a strange man, but he very well might have just blown his only chance at having a friend. Kelvin was the only other person Desmond had interacted with for over a week now. The fact that they might not be besties anymore deeply saddened him and further intensified his feelings of loneliness.

"I'm sorry, Kelvin," muttered Desmond through his sobs. Then, pulling out the photograph of himself and Penny, one of the only possessions he had in this strange place, muttered, "I'm sorry, Penny."