Besties Again...Again

{beep...beep...beep}

Desmond's eyes slowly opened as he took in his surroundings. Once again, the Sexy Scot awoke in the bottom bunk, but this time he recognized the room. Kelvin once again typed in the Numbers and the clock reset, but this time Desmond knew what that was all about. Now he was absolutely sure that this was not a dream. He was stuck here, in this place, on this Island in the middle of the South Pacific with no connection to the outside world. To add insult to injury, he was fairly certain that Kelvin hated him. The last thing Desmond remembered was getting into a huge fight with the man.

"Damn it," Desmond mumbled as he sat up. Kelvin walked over to the bedroom, causing Desmond to visibly tense up. "You're back," he grimly observed. "I've been back for a while, Dezzie," said Kelvin with a laugh. Noticing Desmond's confused expression, the older man explained further. "I came back last night after our fight to find you plastered on the Dharma wine," he said. Kelvin then went on to tell his Scottish friend about all the hugging and the sobbing. So," Desmond began, "we made up?" Kelvin nodded, yielding a sigh of relief from Desmond. The two embraced, putting aside their differences and once again agreeing to be besties.

"You can't ever pull something like that again, though," Kelvin warned as he broke the hug. "You left me to push the damn button all night after you passed out!" Desmond sank away from Kelvin and murmured a soft "Sorry, brother" as he stood suddenly and scurried past the other man on his way to the bathroom. Kelvin then left the bedroom and made his way over to the kitchen. As he began preparing his morning coffee, he could hear Desmond hurling his guts out in the bathroom. "Well, sounds like he learned his lesson." Kelvin said with a smile.