10

“Let's go downstairs.” Sunghoon suggested.

“Oh hell no, I bet thats your torture chamber. I’m not going.”  I said. THIS DORM HAS A BASEMENT?! I’m jealous.

“Jake, stop being stubborn. It’s literally just a living room and my bedroom.” He sighed and started walking down the steps. “You coming?”

I sighed as I followed him, it was just like he said. A second living room with two door that I assume leads to his bedroom and the other to a bathroom.

“Start explaining.” I said as I crossed my arms and sat on the couch. He sat across from me and held his hands in front of him.

“Well, I’m not sure where to start. What do you know?” Sunghoon asked. God this boy is getting annoying.

“Well you guys can hear things that are so quiet no human should be able to, you are faster than normal seeing as you could catch up to me so quickly in the woods, hell you might even have night vision since you led me around the woods without a flashlight.” I waved  my hands in frustration.

“You are a vampire, and so are your friends.” I accused. He just looked at me and gave no response. “Answer will you!” I begged.

“Fine, yes I am. My friends are as well. We were planning on keeping this a secret, but you found out much quicker than we expected.”

“How many of you are there?” I asked. “I know there are more.”

“About ⅔ of the school.” He replied.

⅔ of the school? I attend a school of mostly blood sucking vampires. Holy shit.

I got up and started walking up the stairs, but he grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Please Jake, if you are going to know you must know it all.” He said. 

“Why? Aren't you going to kill me anyways? Me and my friends are as good as dead!” I yelled.

“What? Me and my friends don’t kill people anymore.” He said, and he looked a bit angry I though that way.

“Anymore?” Oh hell no, I am not getting killed. Not by a hot blood sucking boy. 

“Did you kill those people in the woods! You didn’t seem very surprised when you saw them.”

“Jake, I didn’t.” He said. I walked right in front of him and stuck and accusing finger to his chest.

“Then you know who did, and you're going to tell me. Otherwise I’ll add another body to the pile in the woods.” I scolded.

He moved my finger. “You do realize you are accusing a vampire, right?” He almost laughed. “I might not be a vampire, but I can be just as scary as one. Now tell me who killed those people!”

“I-I swore not to tell anyone. He wouldn’t like it if I did, he is still ashamed.” Sunghoon rubbed the back of his neck. I just gave him one of my famous glares.”Fine, if you leave me no choice.”

He sat back down on the couch and I sat across from him.

“I-it was Niki…” He said, looking sad.

“I knew you guys were killers!” I jumped up. “Jeez, listen to the whole story would you.”

Uhg, this guy is annoying. Just let me believe what I want.

“It was 5 months ago, the day Niki got turned. He got brought to our school to learn about what he had become, but he couldn’t control himself.” Sunghoon explained. “He didn’t want to hurt anyone, and ever since then he has only been drinking animal blood, but we can’t control ourselves. Especially when we first get turned.”

I just looked at him.

“So, my friends is up there with a murderer….” I said quietly.

“You idiot, it’s not like he wanted to! Would you please just try to understand.” Sunghoon looked so tired from my stubbornness. I kind of felt bad, but at the same time I’m protecting my friends.

“I’m….sorry for being stubborn.” I said. “Tell me everything.”

“I think that might be enough for tonight Jake.” Sunghoon said. “You know all the importnt things, plus humans need sleep. How about we clear things out later.”

“Okay, you promise not to hurt me and my friends?”I asked.

“I promise on mine and all my friends behalf.” He said. I gave him a nod as I laid down on the couch.

“Oh get up.” He said as he took my hand and started walking. “I was a human once you know, I have manners and can’t let a guest sleep on the couch.” We stopped in front of his bedroom as he opened it.

He took out two pairs of sweats to sleep in, and handed one to me.

“You sleep in here, I’ll sleep on the couch.” He said. I nodded as I went into the room and shut the door.

That was unexpectedly nice. I didn’t know he had manners.

“I guess Sunghoon is different than I thought.” I whispered to myself. After I said that, I heard a chuckle from the other side of the room.

Shit, vampire hearing. He could hear me.

“Stop listening!” I yelled and blushed as I sat on the floor. That just made him laugh even more. It was a soft but dark laugh.

How annoying.

Ayo, I tested negative for Covid! Also we had a snow day today and there is a crap ton of snow outside, like so much that no cars are on the road. Snow tingssss