12

I shouldn’t have asked about the ice arena. 

When I asked he gave me a big smile, and now I’m standing with skates on in front of an empty skating rink.

“Why exactly are we here?” I asked Sunghoon as he stood next to me.

He laughed and rubbed his neck. “Well, when I was a human, I was a figure skater.” He laughed. “I was actually pretty good, but I had to quit once I got turned.” A sad smile showed on his face.

“Why did you have to quit?” I asked.

“Well, people would start getting suspicious when I didn’t age. Plus at all my competitions there were so many people, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to control myself.”

I felt bad, having to give up something you love just like that? It sounds like torture.

“I’m sorry Sunghoon.” I said.

“It’s okay Jake.” He said as he stepped on the ice. “I now get to greet the ice as an old friend.” he started skating around beautifly and even doing tricks.

I shit you not, this guy did spins and things on one leg and so much. It was beautiful. I stood there and stared at him.

How can something so vicious look so graceful and beautiful?

I was mesmerized in the movement of his body and the way his hair flowed. It was unlike anything I’d ever seen before.

It was magical.

“You want to try skating, pup?” He asked as he breathed heavily from his routine. For some reason I found the disheveled Sunghoon even more attractive.

“I’ve never skated before. I'll leave it to you.”

“Oh no you dont!” He took my hands and brought me onto the center of the ice.

“Ah, Sunghoon!” I yelled as he let me go and started skating circles around me, laughing and smiling non stop.

I tried moving and I just stumbled a bit, which only made the ice prince laugh even more.

“Gosh darnit, stop laughing!” I said as I laughed back at him. I tried taking another step, and to my credit I did move, the only problem was I couldn’t stop. I also didn’t know how to change directions.

“No” I laughed as I ran into the wall and Sunghoon came behind me to help me up. “Now my butt is sore.” I complained.

“Let me teach you how to skate properly. I’m sure you will do great.” He took my hands and guided me. I like seeing him like this, the soft and sweet side. 

-

“That was amazing. I’ve never felt that free before! I can understand why you like it.” I said as Sunghoon chuckled.

“It really is amazing isn’t it.” He stopped walking. “We still have a bit until we meet up with the others, want to grab a treat here?” 

He pointed to a cute bakery shop that was filled to the brim with sweet treets. 

“Definitely.”

We stepped inside and were greeted by the nice worker. “Which one will you get?” I asked Sunghoon.

“I'm thinking of a sugar cookie, what about you?” 

“I’m going to go for that brownie. It looks great!” I laughed.

We ordered the treats, and just as I was about to hand the worker my money, Sunghoon cut in and paid for me instead.

“I could have paid for myself, Sunghoon.” I protested.

“No, I asked if you wanted to come in here. I can pay for you.” I smiled. He was sweet. The worker handed us our treat as I started devouring my brownie.

We sat in the shop and talked, it was nice getting to know him. After about a half an hour, we had to leave to meet with our friends. For some reason, as I stood I felt very sick. Maybe I’m just being dramatic.

Just as we were getting up, Sunghoon stopped and his face dropped as he stared blankly forward.

“Sunghoon?” I said, but he didn’t seem to notice me. He turned around and I followed his gaze.

He was looking at two workers that were talking with concerned looks on their faces. They were whispering and I couldn’t hear a word they were saying.

Sunghoon took my hand and rushed us to see our friends.

Sunghoon POV

The words I overheard the two workers say to each other were playing over and over again in my head. I grabbed Jakes hand and pulled him to our friends. I could hear his complaints, but my fury had overtaken me.

We arrived there and I let go of him, all of our friends were looking at me. “Jay, come with me.” He didn’t know why, but he started following me anyway.

“Sunghoon what the heck?” Jake asked as he started following me.

“Don’t even think about following me. You are going to sit here and stay! You hear me?” I yelled. I could tell he was scared but my rage was too much. I didn’t wait for a response until I started walking back to the bakery with Jay following me.

“What is it?” Jay asked.

“The bakery we were at, I overheard the workers there. They accidentally gave Jake a pot brownie. They basically drugged him.” I clenched my fist and marched in there. Jay understood what we were going to do immediately.

I couldn’t bring Niki, he still has a hard time controlling himself around blood, and I needed to leave one of the other vamps behind to watch him. That left me and Jay to beat these boys asses.

Hey, hey you. Look at this meme I made.
It's Jay showing off his 137 degree jaw line

It's bad I know, but I couldn't help myself.