27

“Hey Daniel, look at this leaf! It’s bigger than my face!”

“Yeah Jungwon, it’s because you have a small head- OW” Daniel got a quick smack from Jungwon as we trekked through the forest.

“Is it tomorrow that the big scavenger hunt strats?” I asked Geonu as we walk.

“Yes.” Sunghoon answered for him. Geonu rolled his eyes at the boy as we continued. 

“Hey look, it’s a stream!” I said as I ran to the water, away from the others. Both Geonu and Sunghoon followed me. I collected some of the water and quickly splashed it at them.

“Ah, Jake what the heck!” Geonu said.

“You do realize we only have a few pairs of clothes with us.” Sunghoon sighed.

“See, I don’t get why you two havent become instant best friends. You are practically the same person, both moody af.” I teased as I continued my walk.

“I swear we need to get him a leash, otherwise he will run off.” Sunghoon muttered.

“I second that.” Geonu chimed.

-

“Jake I swear to god go to sleep.” Sunoo complained as he threw a pillow in my direction. 

“I can’t, these cabins are just too grimey.”

“Stuck up princess.” Jungwon teased as I threw the pillow at him. We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the camp, especially the woods. It was beautiful, not like the creepy woods at our school, but peaceful and serene.

It made me feel calm, the nature felt right. 

But, for some reason, seeing him explore the woods made it all better. He looked like a god, that he belonged there. Jeeze, I need to get Sunghoon off my mind, hell I barley even know the guy.

After laying in bed for hours and hearing Jungwon and Sunoos snores, I couldn’t take it anymore. Dark room without a single light, only the glow of my phone screen proves I’m awake in the night. My eyelids are heavy, but I still can’t sleep.

I slid on my sneakers and zipped on a jacket, I just need a little walk to clear my mind.

I snuck out the door and was met with the darkness, not a person to be seen. Nice! I hate human interaction anyway.

I began walking down one of the trails we found earlier, it led through the woods and too a small lake. The leaves crunched underneath my shoes as I inhaled the fresh air.

I’ve missed feeling free.

I sat down at the bench near the small lake. “Freedom” I said to myself as I laid my head back.

“Crack” I heard as I opened my eyes and turned my head around. Is someone there?

“H-hello?” I asked, only to hear my own echo respond to me. I had the sinking feeling in my stomach that someone was watching me. “Is anyone there?”

I heard another sound in the distance as I turned my head, to be met with a boy. I belive he goes to my school, however I don’t know his name.

“What are you-” I started until he came towards me at lighting speed and covered my mouth with his hand.

“I’m sorry Jake, I’m just so hungry.” The boy said as he inched his face closer to my neck. 

I kicked and punched him, but it was no use. I couldn’t win a fight against a vampire, dammit why didn’t I bring any garlic!

I tried screaming but I couldn’t make a noise, it was getting harder to breath from him covering my mouth and nose.

My eyes grew as he came closer to me, I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I used the rest of my strength to try and fight against him, but the darkness consumed me.