30

I sat there and looked at Sunghoon as his words echoed in my head.
I love you

He loves me?

“Sunghoon, you haven't known me for very long I-”

“Jake, I’ve been alive for decades. I know my emotions and I know I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. The second I found you hurt I felt my heart breaking and have never felt fear like that. Trust me, when I say I love you, I do.” Sunghoon said as he rubbed small circles on my hand.

I just sat, too stunned to speak. 

We heard a knock on the door as Sunghoon went to open it. Jungwon and Sunoo came trotting in with their boys.

“Hello bubble guppy.” Sunoo said with a smile as he sat on the edge of my bed as Jungwon sat next to him.

“Bubble guppy?”

“Don’t question it. Here, we brought you some of your own clothes. Figured you don’t want to wear Sunghoons anymore.” Suno said.

I looked down and he was right, I was wearing Sunghoons shirt. “Why….?” I started as Jungwon cut me off.

“It had some blood on it so I change it for you.” Jungwon gave a small smile. Probably for the best, I can’t have any MORE vampires trying to eat me.

“Oh, also Daniel, Hanbin, and Geonu have been looking for you all morning.” Sunoo said as I nodded.

“I’ll need to visit them and let them know I’m okay. I don’t want them to get suspicious about our school.” I said.

“Really?” Heeseung said as I looked at him. The four vampires had sad looks on their faces.

“You want to protect us?” Jay said with a small smile.

“Of course, you idiots have become my friends and I don’t want you getting hurt. While I don’t care for the other vampires at this school, you guys are different.” I smiled at them and Niki wiped his eye.

“Niki are you crying?!?” Sunoo said as he jumped up and hugged him.

“Aw”

-

“Hey Geonu.” 

“Jake, where have you been? I’ve been worried, it’s almost time for the scavenger hunt to start.” He said as he gave me a concerned look.

Sunoo managed to use makeup and bandaids to cover the bite mark, and besides looking pale I was normal.

“Ah, well at least I’m back in time!” I joked as I felt Sunghoon walk up behind me. I know his presence like the back of my hand.

I reached behind me and gently grabbed his hand and squeezed it 2 times. He doesn't know it, but my parents and I always said that squeezing someone's hand 2 times is a silent way of saying you love them. 

Hopefully I'll be able to say those words out loud.

“Everyone gather around, I have here what you need to find for the scavenger hunt. Groups will be with your dorm mates so huddle up!” A teacher called.

Fun fact, the little intro to my next boom has been published! I won't upload chapters until this one is done but get hyped

It's called 'My Polaroid Loves'
Get it

It's a Heejaywon fanfic and it's going to be 10 times funnier and chaotic so I hope you guys are excited