last night

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Mature content ahead :))

3rd Person's POV

Chaeyeon takes a sharp breath while she watches the clouds above her move slowly. It was calming for sure, but she can't help but feel uneasy at the thought of parting ways with her girls the next day.

Their 2-day concert had finally come to an end, and as much as she wants to leave everything behind and start moving on, she knew that deep down in her heart, she couldn't and she never will - no matter what she does.

The cold wind blows, making her tear up easily. She lets out a laugh when she realizes that several tears slide down her cheek. She lazily leans towards their room's balcony's railings, allowing herself to overlook the city's busy nightlife.

Her situation with Sakura hasn't gone any better lately, so I guess that adds up more to her gloomy thoughts. There's also this shocking revelation that she can't seem to forget about. Well, shocking for her at least, but not for us.

"You do realize that all this time, I have feelings for you, right?" Minju boldly tells her with a soft chuckle, so she stops on her tracks.

They were both walking along the venue's hallway, about to proceed to soundcheck since they were the first ones to finish getting into their outfits for the concert.

"Ya Kim Minju," Chaeyeon calls out since she gets left behind by the younger, who just continues to walk while she adjusts her in-ear monitor. "Are you serious?"

"Don't worry, I won't get in your way with Kkura unnie, I promise." Minju calmly assures. "Just thought you might want to know."

"Ya..."

"Why are you frowning?" the latter remarks with a chuckle as she walks back towards her unnie, then she lifts the corners of Chaeyeon's lips up to make her smile. "It's fine--"

"Since when?"

"It doesn't matter..."

"It does to me," Chaeyeon replies and pauses, "I want to know."

"Since you helped me with our '1000%' performance in Produce 48." Minju bravely answers. "You were amazing, you always were."

The former opens her mouth to say something else, but no words come out.

She was speechless, so her dongsaeng continues, "But like I said, I just wanted you to know before we disband. You deserve to know, unnie."

"Minju..."

"Don't worry!" The latter chirps. "It's just a harmless crush."

Though deep inside her, she knows it's not.

She walks closer towards Chaeyeon, then she gently cups and caresses her cheeks. "What matters the most is that you're happy,"

"Because as long as you are, I'm happy too."

Chaeyeon sighs.

Have I been hurting Minju all along? Without me knowing?

She admits, she feels bad for being so dense and clueless. After Minju's confession, the younger still treated her the same, surprisingly, as if nothing happened.

She just hopes that after everything that's been said, Minju is genuinely okay.

Her thoughts were then interrupted when, from her peripheral view, she spots a new presence beside her.