a ray of sunshine

Sakura's POV

"Girls, come over to our dorm. Now. All of you." Eunbi unnie says through the phone and I can sense how tensed she was.

I scrunch my face up in curiosity, but I said yes anyway. I gather all the members in our dorm at the living room so we can all go to the other together.

When we enter the other six's dorm, they were seated on the couch and their faces were looking either upset or serious.

"What's going on?" Chaeyeon asks them in concern.

"Take a seat please." The eldest instructs so we follow her. Heaving a deep sigh, she looks at all of us with a frown. "I want you all to know that no matter what happens, we'll be there for each other, okay?"

"Okay."

"Unnie, you're scaring me." Wonyoung tells her.

"PD-nim called," she starts off and I can clearly hear the shakiness of her breath. "We will not be able to make our comeback yet."

"Why?"

"What happened?"

"It's the Mnet vote manipulation thing," Unnie shortly answers. "Apparently, investigations are ongoing and until then, we cannot have our promotions. We will be called in for a meeting a few days from now. Let's just wait for that call."

"So, what's going to happen to us then?" Wonyo questions, her eyes appear to be scared and teary at the same time.

"I don't know and I honestly don't want to know."

The room becomes silent as we reflect on the news that we had gotten.

No one dared to say a word. Not a single sound was made. We were feeling all the emotions that we could possibly feel in this kind of situation.

Fear.

Anxiety.

Disappointment.

My heart pounds so hard on my chest, I feel like it can be heard by the other members. I wanted to cry so badly, but not in front of them. I'm one of the unnies, one of the members whom they mostly depend on. I don't want to let them know how weak I am.

"It's okay." Chaeyeon suddenly speaks up. "Everything will be okay." She says, rubbing Tomi's back to comfort her. "They won't give us up easily."

"Yeah and like I said, whatever happens, we got each other's backs." Eunbi unnie adds.

"Let's just hope for the best."

"We sure will."

When we return back to our dorm, the younger ones quickly go to the rooms. We were all upset, that's for sure. I collapse on the couch, miserably staring at the ceiling as I come up with various scenarios in my head.

"Are you okay?" A voice questions as she plops down right beside me.

I breathe out a frustrated sigh, closing my eyes to stop my tears from forming.

"I don't know."

"Do you want me to cook something? Ramyeon, perhaps?"

"Yes please." As I say my reply, my voice cracks and I just find myself crying. Tears wouldn't stop rolling down my cheeks.

I don't want to think that our dreams could possibly be ending. I'm scared of leaving these girls. Just the thought of us not pushing through as IZ*ONE breaks my heart. It's only been a year but I've grown so attached to them already. They're like my family now. Parting ways with them just because of something that we know nothing about will be the death of me.