isac

2 0 1 9

Sakura's POV

A few days ago, we had just arrived back to Korea from LA for KCON 2019 and we had finally been granted the rest and relaxation that we all have been waiting for, but only for a short time though.

After continuously promoting our new song 'Violeta', we were scheduled to participate in the second ISAC event for this year.

It'll be held at the Goyang Gymnasium a couple of weeks from now, so the girls were feeling excited as ever. Also, we would be having the continuation of our 1st concert called 'Eyes on Me' afterwards.

For the past months, we've had comebacks, TV appearances, and our shooting for the second season of IZ*ONE Chu along with concerts in different places around Asia.

Clearly, everything's going so well for us. I can't believe I'm with these girls for a year already.

As for Chaeyeon, I've decided to accept the reality that we're just meant to be friends. Like what she'd said; nothing more, nothing less.

I've basically spent the whole year getting over her, secretly of course. I made sure I kept my feelings to myself only, 'cause I didn't want to cause any problems within the group. I guess I can say we're almost like a family now, and we've grown closer with each other. I'm happy with whatever it is that's been going on between Chaeyeon and I, may it be romantically or not.

I'm happy as long as she's happy.

I gotta admit though, getting over her was tough. I had to distance myself a bit from her because it seemed like being in the same space with the latter and breathing the same air as she does made me feel so suffocated.

It's like trying so hard to act normally and to stay calm whenever the person you like is around.

And of course, she still made my heart flutter somehow, but I refuse to acknowledge her effect on me. I didn't want to risk losing her anymore, so even if it meant letting go of my romantic feelings for her, I gladly did it.

It really hurt at first, but I've learned to accept it as days pass.

So now we're back to being friends again, and I made sure to set some boundaries and limits so that I would never find myself feeling what I had felt for her during our debut days.

I yawn as I set my phone down, rubbing my eyes to relax them a bit. I'm currently situated on the couch while the others are doing their own thing.

I close my eyes for a while when a figure suddenly takes a seat beside me. Then, I feel my glasses being gently removed and the strands of hair on my face being tucked into the back of my ear. Lastly, she caresses my cheek, and that simple gesture immediately sends shivers down my spine. I then realize who it was, just by discerning the way she touches me.

"You've been on my mind a lot these days," she quietly mumbles with a shaky breath. "And I wish I know why."

And with that, she plants a kiss on my forehead right before leaving the room.

My body jolts up the moment I become sure that she was no longer around, staring straight ahead for no apparent reason. I was definitely taken aback by what had just happened.

What could she possibly mean by that?

-

S E P T E M B E R  1 2,  2 0 1 9

Loud cheers and chants from different fandoms welcome us as we step into the venue for this year's ISAC Chuseok Special. We arrived a bit late today since we had something to do in the morning, and all the events that our members would be participating in will be held later this afternoon anyway.