Chapter 13

Watching Rachel lay unconscious would break anyone's heart. Why didn't she just admit defeat? I should've stopped it when I had the chance.

I told Devonte to go find Mike. We decided to buy weapons: spears, swords, shields, etc. We just saw first hand you can't always rely on your element.

Rachel knew her element wouldn't affect Emma, so she focused more on physical attacks.

That obviously didnt work. Emma was ready for anything Rachel threw her way. She predicted her next move even before Rachel made it.

Her vortex appeared out of nowhere towards the end. I don't think she meant it to form. Maybe it was there as warning or a signal.

The vortex resembles your energy and strength. The weaker you are, the weaker your elemental attack is.

I stared at Rachel's bruises. Her face was swollen and purple.

Devonte had returned huffing and puffing. "I found Mike....he said....come to....the clothing store" said Devonte.

"Thanks bro, we'll go when Rachel wakes up" I said. Devonte shifted his eyes towards Rachel. "Emma gave me these for her to eat. She said it'll heal her in a matter of minutes."

I showed him the candy bars and he nodded his head. "You have any leads on where to find Cade?"

"Yeah Emma filled me in, there's a change of plans." "And what are they?"

We both snapped our heads to look at Rachel. She held her side while she sat up. "Welcome back" I said. "That sure was a good...fight" Devonte said.

Rachel gave a weak smile, but it vanished instantly. "If getting your butt kicked is good, then yeah it was" she responded.

"Ahh don't worry about that, you win some you lose some" he walked over and patted her on the back.

"It looks like we won't be able to get supplies if this keeps up" she said. I gave her the chocolate bar.

"Eat up" I said. "Chocolate Devin? At a time like this." I smiled. "Emma said it should heal you in a couple of minutes."

"Or put me in a coma." She took a little bite out the candy. I smacked my lips. "Fine." She took a bigger bite.

"Now that everyone is awake, what's the new plan?" Devonte asked. Rachel looked up from her chocolate and tilted her head. "New plan?"

"Yes, a new plan. Emma told me where to find Cade. He's between the Dark and Earth District. There's an underground lair he's been doing dirty work out of."

I began to notice Rachel's face started to retain its natural color. "Ok, so lets go there" said Devonte.

"I wish it was that simple. In order for us to go, we have to get injections from the Central's Transport Station. That allows us to travel outside of the Central to any other district."

"What are in the injections?" Rachel asked. "I have no idea, we'll have to see when we get there." Now Rachel's face returned to normal size.

"Then next we need to get injections from our element's district." "Even more shots" Devonte complained.

Rachel blew a friendly gust of wind by his face. "Dont be such a wuss" she laughed. Rachel stood up with ease looking as healthy as ever. She didnt eat all of the chocolate, so I put the rest in my backpack.

"Then we meet up with Emma and confront Cade. Just a heads up Cade isn't the only Emp we'll have to deal with."

Devonte dropped his head back and sighed. "The Earth's Emp is working along side with him."