« Chapter One »

« My Angel Guardian »

You'd step backwards, having no escape. Some small stones slipped off, hitting the hard ground. This is it. You're going to die. The end of the end, it will happen now. You gulped, gazing at Zira. She'll show you no mercy. She'll pressure you to back off, fall down the cliff. You unsheathe your claws, getting a thigh grip of the ground. You weren't going to die. Not today. You had no plans.

She came everywhere closer, her expressions were dangerous. Your body started to tense. Underneath you was your death. You had to fight. Act quickly, when she makes her move, you'll have to make yours, making her slip off. Somehow..

"Ready to die?" she snarled, threatening.

You gulped, backing against the ending. It was just a few meters. The rocks were sloppy and Zira knew it. She closed in. Her claws could dig into your body easily, causing you to get blood loss. You gulped.

Why didn't you just listen to Kion? He told you to stay away from Outland. But of course, you didn't listen because your stubborn soul took over. You wanted to explore deeper parts than what you've done on patrol. Turns out it isn't worth it – because you would've died eventually.

"You're sure the Lion Guard will show up?" questioned Zira. "I can't see them."

"But I can!" You hissed.

Your ears were pinned against your head. You had to make your move, if you didn't, Kion would blow you off. You jumped away, just as Zira did her move. You slipped and rolled against the edge. You struggled getting a hold of the cliff – eventually you did, hanging onto the edge, you saw Zira approaching you.

"This time you won't be so lucky," she snarled.

"Hang on, Y/N! Help is on the way!" shouted Ono, the eyes of the tribe.

Your body now we're fully activated. Every single muscle we're working to hold you back. Your arms started to hurt, so did your claws. Zira came closer and closer; this is it, you'll get ripped off the edge, hitting the ground and get squished to a pancake. You gulped. Tears filled your eyes. You didn't want to die, you weren't going to die.

Zira were now just in front of you. She bent down, digging her claws into your paws. You grunted out in pain. Blood started to escape from the parts her claws were surrounding. Your arms got weaker.

"Y/N, let go off! We will catch you!" shouted Banga.

"Are you crazy?!" You screamed. "I'm afraid of heights, especially falling off them!"

"Trust us, Y/N! We'll catch you!" shouted Kion. "This is your only chance!"

You gulped, they're right. This would be your only chance to escape the tragic death. You'd fall, seeing the sky get bigger, but you won't die. They will catch you. You trust them.

You sheath your claws. You shut your eyes, wind blew through your fur. It was harshly hitting your spine, but it didn't matter. They'll catch you.

Like what felt forever, you felt a light thud. You were terrified.. Blood escaped your paws, dropping down on Besthe's back.

"Y/N, you can open your eyes now," whispered Kion softly. "You're safe."

You slowly opened your eyes, revealing the bright blue sky. The one who caught you was Besthe.

"She's  hurts. She won't be able to walk like that," said Fuli.

"Besthe, can you give Y/N a ride back to Lion Cliff?" asked Kion.

Besthe nodded. You breathed out. The guard would take you home, back to safety. You'll never leave Pride Lands, nor would you leave Lion Cliff after this adventure. Not if it depends on life or death.