« Chapter Two. »

« My Angel Guardian »

It has been a few weeks of training with Simba. You've learnt to dodge attacks. How to take someone by surprise and as well attack from behind. Yet, it's far away from Guard material.

"Will I ever become one of them?" You sighed.

"Yes, it's just a question about time," smiled Simba. "Let's get you some rest."

You sighed. He made it sound so far away. You didn't want it to sound so 'long'. You wanted it to happen so quickly as you said yes. Actually, you didn't even bother thinking about all the dangers and trips you'd have to do.

We're you even prepared for becoming a Guard Member?

You sat down. You weren't sure of your decision anymore. It felt so easy and complete seeing them working. But were you actually ready? You didn't know, you didn't want to know it either.

"Let's break for today's training. You've improved."

———————

It's been several weeks with training. You've become a distraction to both lionesses and Simba. You've helped Kiara, Tiifu and Zuri to sneak out. You've also helped Kion sneak out as well. Which has been good, because you've always been rewarded with a comforting big hug or smile.

You've never thought it over before but you had pretty good acting skills. These will be used greatly. You'd do anything to keep Pride Lands protected from dangers. If it means eventually stepping into Outlands.. right? Anything for Pride Lands..?

"Y/N? You're coming? Jisaru needs to tell her the report from the hyenas," said Fuli.

"Y-Yes. Right, I'm coming," You chuckled nervously. "Just.. bad memories."

You centered up beside Besthe and Fuli. Among them, you knew you would be safe. Patrols were never really advanced or dangerous, which is good since it is your first time actually heading on a Guard Patrol.

-.When Patrol is over.-

You arrived back at Lion Cliff. You'd let out a sigh in relief, knowing everything was just fine. Nothing could bother you anymore – nothing to worry about.

You'd attempt to walk back to your cove as someone reached out, holding a grip of your tail. You turned your head around, seeing it was Kion.

You smiled.

"Kion, let go of my tail," You giggled.

"What if I don't?" he snickers.

"Oh, you little–" You growled playfully.

You both continued playing with each other's tails. It was quite funny. You never thought of it just like that, but Kion could be playful and childish too. Something you didn't bother to rethink when you see him do his duties. He's always so confident, clearing things up.

He's a whole different lion. But you like both sides of him, because he is Kion.

"Kion, we've got a message from Tree of Life. You and the Lion Guard have to go there. They need backup," claimed Ono.

"What's wrong? Are they in danger?" asked Kion.

"The villain army there got stronger. I'm afraid so," nodded Ono. "I'll contact Anga."

You were a bit confused.

Then, everything happened in such a rush. Everyone was gathered, now just to tell Simba about the news. They have to leave for several days, but it didn't matter, did it?

"Be careful, Guard. If Y/N gets exhausted, let Besthe carry her. She isn't fully recovered yet," said Rafiki.

"I aren't?"
"She isn't?"

You blinked a few times. You decided to shake it off. It was probably nothing. But clearly, they all heard the words the monkey said. It's better to listen to it.

-. Arriving at Tree of Life.-

"Pleasure to meet you again, Lion Guard," said Rani. "– Who is this?"

A brown colored lioness greeted you by the path to the Tree of Life. You stepped forwards.

"My name is Y/N. Pleasure to meet you, Queen Rani," You said, bowing.

"Please, just call me Rani. A friend of the Lion Guard is a friend to me," said Rani, with a soft smile.

"Actually–"

"Let's get going with the ceremony," continued Rani.

She walked up next to Kion. You groaned some not so nice words, following them inside.

What you did see wasn't what you expected. It was much more gorgeous than what you would have believed it was – which was totally adorable!

You gasped in shock.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. The ceremony will be tonight," nodded Rani. "I hope the Guard will be able to come."

It probably wasn't only you who noticed she only looked at Kion, Fuli, Banga, Besthe, Ono and Anga. She didn't even bother to give you an extra glance.

You felt your heart sink. This wasn't what you had expected.

"Hey, it's alright. She's cold to everyone who is new," said Kion. "Don't worry, Y/N. She just doesn't know your kindness as we do."

"Thanks, Kion. Really glads me."

———

Another chapter done. I had to get this done. Don't bother begging me to continue, as I said in my first Author Note, I won't continue until I reach 50 reads and 25 votes. It doesn't matter if you save it to your library, then just keep my username @TheLionMae in mind to check in for further updates.

I'm not going to continue making chapters for my already finished Kion x Reader, due it is already finished. I even put it as a special note.

Reason it is so cringe is because I didn't bother to use documentaries when writing them. Now I am, and you can only see the difference.

I'm planning on making a sequel to this story, maybe. I'm not sure, but for now,

Don't beg me for updating due it's not going to happen until 50 reads & 25 votes.
Follow, vote or save to not be late with updates.
——

See you guys soon!
– Mae.