Chapter 24

LA Feelings

      These past few weeks have been hectic for team USA. As they all went through the process of transferring from public school to homeschooling. Which Ms. McKay told them they had to do in order to continue participating in the goodwill games. They all just landed in LA for the games with Bombay. All of them got to the hotel that they all were staying in for the next few weeks.

''Finally, we're here'' Michelle says as she flops down onto the bed.

''Yeah, me too.'' Aliyah says as she sits down on her bed.

Bombay had roomed everyone with groups of four. Michelle, Aliyah, Lauren and Ryan were rooming together. Connie, Julie, Briana and Mikayla had a room together.

''Don't we have something to do tomorrow too?'' Connie asked them.

''Bombay said all this week all we have to do is go to these press conferences, practice and repeat.'' Julie stated as she kicked off her shoes. ''So, we don't even get to have a little down time before everything goes down.'' Michelle says as she puts her shoes back on and stands up.

''I'm going out for a while.'' Michelle as she put on her jacket and walks out of the door.

Michelle makes her way to the front of the hotel as she runs into Coach Bombay.

''Hey Coach.'' Michelle greeted the man.

''Hey Michelle, what are you getting up too?'' Bombay asked her.

''I'm just going exploring since I don't know when we'll be able to for the next few weeks.'' Michelle says as she walks away towards the hotel entrance.

''10pm Curfew!'' Bombay yells towards Michelle who waves her hand and says ''Got it!''

     Michelle walks down the street, not really knowing where to go. Michelle pulls out her phone and searches up places to go in LA. Michelle found a restaurant not too far from the hotel, so she walked there. After about a ten-minute walk she finally came to the restaurant and walked in. Michelle went and sat down at a two-person table by herself as she waited for a waiter. She pulled out her phone and started to play a game on it. ''Hi, welcome to Mighty Grove Restaurant. How may I help you?'' Michelle puts her phone back in her body cross purse. ''I'll have a cheeseburger with pickles, ketchup and mustard, fries and a chocolate milkshake please.'' 

''Okay everything will be here shortly.''

''Thank you.''

     After about a ten-minute wait her food finally comes to her table. ''thank you'' 

     Michelle starts eating her food as she's looking around the restaurant. She giggled slightly to herself; 'Mighty Grove Restaurant' sounds like some place that'll be back in Minnesota. Michelle finished her food and wiped her face as she heard the bell on top of the door ring. Signaled that more customers were coming in. Her back was facing the door. ''Hey Michelle'' She heard as she looked up to see a boy with black soft hair, a scar on the left side on his cheek and bags under his brown eyes. ''Hey Jesse. What are you doing here?'' Michelle asked the boy sitting across from her.

He cleared his throat, ''Nothing just out. Sightseeing with Goldberg, Guy, Averman and Luis.''

''You mean being complete perves.'' Averman says as he walks up to Michelle and Jesse.

Goldberg, Guy and Luis come up to their table laughing.

''What do you mean?'' Michelle asked as she laughed slightly.

Goldberg told Michelle what they all just did. ''Ya'll are disgusting.''

''Goldberg suggested it.'' Luis told Michelle.

''But you guys went along with it. You could have said no.'' Goldberg tells them.

''Yeah, you go along with something you know is wrong to do is just as bad as suggesting it.'' Michelle says as she gets up and puts a twenty down on the table and leaves.

 Jesse gets up and follows her leaving Goldberg, Luis, Averman and Guy behind.

''I told you, he's whipped'' Goldberg says as Guy, Luis, and Averman laughed.

''Hey, hold on a minute Michelle.'' Jesse calls out to the girl.

He cleared his throat, ''So, I'm taking it you're back on the team and everything.''

Michelle laughed slightly ''Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, my suspension is finished.''

''So, how do you feel about playing in your first real national Tournament?" Jesse asked her.

''Unreal, like a dream that I'm going to wake up from at any moment. I don't want to at all.'' Michelle responded.

''Yeah, me too.''

     Jesse and Michelle just kept on walking. Talking about anything their minds came up with for hours, until it was time for them go back to the hotel. Jesse walked Michelle back up to her room even though she could do it herself. ''Yeah, and that's how we met Coach Bombay.'' Jesse told her as she laughed slightly as they came to a stop by her door.  Michelle unlocked her door and walked through it. ''Thanks for the walk. I had fun.''

     Jesse chuckled slightly. ''It was cool. I guess. Um, maybe sometime this week if you liked too. Maybe we could go get some food.'' Michelle smiled slightly. ''I would like that. Goodnight.'' She said as she closed the door. ''Cool. Um. Night.'' Jesse responded as he sighed and chuckled as he walked back to his room. That he was sharing with Charlie, Adam, Goldberg.

Leave ideas as to what else I could put in this book. I have a few ideas. I will update again when I can. Hope you all enjoy the chapter and bye.