Chapter 28

Michelle's point of view

Two weeks have gone by, and Adam returned in time for our big rematch against Iceland.

''I'm sorry Adam but our roster is full.'' Bombay told him as Adam face fell.

''It's okay coach, here Adam.'' Russ says as he hands Adam his helmet.

''No Russ, here Adam.'' Charlie says as he stops Russ.

''I think I'm better at Coaching then I am at playing.'' Charlie says as he smiles slightly at Adam.

Adam returns the smile. ''We need Adam and Russ's skills if we want to win against Iceland, again.'' Goldberg says.

''I'm nervous you guys.'' Briana stated looking slightly worried.

''Me too, Briana'' Lauren says as she bumps into Luis.

''Sorry Luis.''

Luis nodded his head as his face went red. Dawayne, Ken, Guy and Goldberg laughed at him.

''Yeah, but we got this because we're team USA!!!'' Mikayla yells in excitement.

''Okay, come on get suit up ducks/angels, we have a game to play.''

''The fact that he said play not to win is slightly alarming.'' Goldberg says.

''Goldie, please be quiet.'' Mikayla says as she puts on her jersey.

''Unbelievable''

Everybody gets suited up and went out to the stands.

Bombay sent Dean, Adam, Jesse, Briana, Aliyah and I out on the ice.

      I managed to get pass some of the Iceland players by a thread. I pass the puck to Jesse as one of them hit me making me fall.

''Oops'' One of them said as they skated away laughing.

'Shit, that hurts.' I thought.

   I get up as one skated pass me hitting me again. I fall to the ground damn near just as hard as before.

     The ducks keep on getting penalties, Ken picked a fight with one of the players on the Iceland team. Dean and Fulton got into a fight with the whole Iceland team. Dwayne lassoed a player who was trying to check Connie. ''Damn'' I say with sweat pouring off of me in tiredness. ''Girls!!!'' All of us turn our heads to see our families. ''Hey guys!!!'' We all yelled, cheered and waved at our families.

I sit back down whipping the smile from my face. 'Damn, the first and biggest game of my life and we're about to lose.' I thought to myself.

We all go back into the locker room. Coach Bombay starts talking to us about being a team, working together and how all of us worked to damn hard and long to just pass this up.

''Coach, I know you have eyes and that you can see very well.'' I start to say.

''20/20 vision'' Lauren says.

''Yep'' Briana says laughing slightly

''That is correct.'' Ryan finishes off.

''Team Iceland are bigger than us, faster than us and they hit hard as shit!'' I say as I rubbed my side.

Mikayla starts laughing like a manic, along with Briana.

''I think we're losing our minds a bit Coach.''

''You got that right.'' Coach says.

''Yeah, that maybe true you guys. They are faster than you, stronger than you and they hit harder than you.'' Coach says.

''I don't think Ya'll saw how those two players checked the shit out of me'' I stated as I look off into space.

''three times''

''Man, I hope I don't have any internal bleeding or a concussion.'' I stated.

(They did the whole ducks fly together thing you know how this goes, the new jerseys)

We tied the game with points from Luis, Connie, Adam and Russ who successfully did his knuckle puck.

We had to do a five-shot shootout. Coach switch Goldberg out with Mikayla since she had the faster glove.

Mikayla ended up stopping his shot as she threw the puck in the air. We lost our minds as everybody was screaming and cheering really loudly.

''We did it everyone!!!'' I scream and yell out loud. We were all skating around the rink cheering our heads off as the Iceland team looked sad. All of us lined up to shake hands with the Iceland team.

''Nice work.'' One of the players said to Mikayla.

''Thank you''

After the game we all took a bunch of pictures with all of us with our trophy. We all took pictures with our families. Then after that we went out and celebrated like we were crazy. Cheering as left the parking lot all the way until we got to a pizza place.

I told my mom that I was going outside for a few minutes, as I grabbed my jacket.

Jesse came out the pizza place not long after me. ''We won''

I laughed ''Yeah, we did.''

''Your first really tournament'' he said as he smiled.

''I know'' I sighed again.

We both sat there in silence after that. We both looked at each other as we smiled again.

"I'm so not ready to go back to school."
"Me either"

Took some things out, thought it was too long.

started on April 10,2021

ended on February 23, 2022