Chapter 26

Mighty Ducks Vs. Iceland

Michelle's point of view

In a simple game of ice hockey. Iceland beat us hard in a 12 v 1 pointer ender. This was one of the toughest games I have ever played in my life. Iceland was bigger than us, stronger than us, faster in some skills than us. Did I mention they were bigger than us? We have to play against them again in the goodwill games. I skated pass Jesse, The Bash brothers and Charlie as one of the players from Iceland hit Adam on his wrist with his hockey stick, hard might I add.  

I yelled at him as I skated towards Adam with Jesse, Charlie and The bash bros on my tail. As we got thrown into the penalty box.

    Coach kept yelling at us to stay focus, to go faster, to keep our head in the game. But we were tired, irritated and completely over it by this time. As soon as the one of the Iceland players hit the puck, scoring their twelfth goal, Wolf sounded his whistle. 

''Great game there, Bombay. Hope you're team is ready.'' Wolf said to coach as he chuckled slightly at him as he stuck his hand out.

Coach just glared at him then at his hand and shook it.

The Iceland turds (as Goldberg calls them) started to laugh out loud obnoxiously as they all left the rink.

Coach looked at us. ''Locker room now!!!'' He yelled loudly.

Coach gave us an ear full on how we seemed like we didn't even want to play and how we've looked ourselves look like fools out there.

''You mean we made you look like a fool. '' I stated irritated as I threw my helmet off against a locker, leaving the locker room.

Guy, Luis, Ken and Dwayne were vomiting in trash cans this time.

I rolled my eyes as the girls were behind me, as we made our way home.

     A week has gone by, and Bombay has put us in for overtime for practices. We all were sitting in class with miss McKay was teaching us about something. I don't really know what it was because I was dozing off the same as half of the class was doing at the moment.

After class we all had to go to practice. While Miss McKay talked to Coach right in front of us.

''You have them practicing so much day in and day out coach Bombay, that half of them can't even stay up in class. You know that if they don't keep up their grades, they will be no goodwill games for them.'' McKay told him. While basically holding up Mikayla who was falling asleep, standing up.

     Coach sighed, ''Okay, I'll cut their practices down a bit. They should be good to go for your classes.''

''No, practice is cancelled for the next two days. I mean look at them Coach Bombay, they can barely keep their eyes open.'' I heard miss Mckay tell him.

''What? No, they need to practice.''

''No, they don't, Not for the next two days. They need sometime off to relax, sleep, and go have some fun.''

Coach sighed again. ''You won't have a team to go to the goodwill games, if you don't let them have this.'' McKay told him.

''Practice is cancelled for the next two days, everybody.''

We were so tired, we didn't even cheer or anything. We all just left silently.

''You see that, Gordon.'' Mckay tells him as she leaves.

Bombay sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair.

Two days later, the ducks and angels were stretching. ''Okay I call time out, who's with me?'' Goldberg says as he stands up. ''Sorry, Goldberg but no.'' Dewayne responds. ''Wimp'' Goldberg says. ''Come on guys it's not like it's the end of the world.'' Julie states. ''Whatever babe''

''Her name is Julie, not babe'' Adam stuck up for her.

''Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy.'' Dean says as he pushes Adam. Fulton pushes Dean telling him to chill. 

Russ comes out and starts talking smack. ''Hey man, I'm getting sick of you!'' Jesse yells to him, Michelle grabs Jesse by his wrist and pulls him back. ''It's not worth it Jesse, Let it go.''

''Yeah, Jesse, listen to you're girlfriend!'' Russ says as he laughs.

''What's your problem?!'' Jesse yells back.

''I'm getting sick and tired of watching team USA being represented by a bunch of whiney babies!''

''Well too bad you can't back up that mouth." Jesse responds.

''Man, Me and my boys will take you any day''

''I don't see no boys.''

''I got them waiting, grab your gear and let's play some real puck.''

''Take a few breathes, slurp some water and get out there and do it again!'' Russ's big brother yells at the ducks and angels.

Michelle has the puck, passes it to Lauren who skated down and around the road, making Russ's boys slip and slide missing her.  The boys from the ducks and Russ's team ohhed at it. Lauren passes the puck to Briana who stats moving the puck and hitting Adam's stick so he couldn't get it. 

    Aliyah got the puck, when dean checked her not as hard, making her fall. Aliyah, getting up taking the puck back from him with ease. Like he wanted her too. Aliyah, confused, skated passed him fastly as she scored.

''Now, Russ. What was that for?''

''Everybody needs a push every now and then.''

''But why the ducks? I thought you couldn't stand them.''

''I can't but still, if you're going to do the job, then do it right.''

''Yeah whatever russy.''

edited/5/9/23- I decided to edit this chapter a bit, added somethings to it.