Chapter 17

Disappointed

That's how Michelle was feeling when Coach told her he was suspending her from the team for a month. After basically running out of the skating rink in nothing but the team uniform and her shoes,she didn't have the heart to go back to get her stuff. It hurt to much,with knowing that she worked so hard for so long to get chosen to be apart of the mighty ducks. Just for it to be put on hold for what seems like forever. All because of her actions,her decisions.

Michelle's eyes teared up at the thought of being suspended from the team made her heart ache. It was around 4 o clock in afternoon or was it 12 in the afternoon,the next day. Michelle didn't know,after leaving from the rink,crying. She ended up at the pizza parlor. The pizza parlor that her,her girls and the ducks hung out at before. She was their for maybe an hour or three just thinking about what happened earlier before she decided to head on home, that was yesterday.

After walking into her house crying her eyes out in of her mother and father,who both knew about the 'meeting with Coach'. Base on Michelle's crying they both knew that it didn't go well at all.
After crying for what seems like an eternity,she finally went up to her room. She pulled off her uniform and threw it against the wall along with her shoes. Throwing on a baggy black tshirt,sweatpants,and fuzzy yellow socks.

Michelle got into her bed pulled the covers up over her head and continue to cry. The next few hours that went by felt like a blur,because Michelle had heard a knock on her door. "Please y'all I don't want to be bothered right now." Michelle said as she felt tears swell up in her eyes once again.
"It's us."She heard a male voice on the other side of her door,she ignored the way her heart skip a beat before,got up went to the bathroom and splash water on her face to make it look like she wasn't just crying.

"And me too Michelle."Terry said in his high pitched voice that cracked real bad at the end. "Oh shit" he said as he laughed making Jesse laughed too. Michelle felt a small smile form on her face when she heard Jesse laughed. She sat back in her bed wiped her face off and sighed"y'all can come in."

The door opened revealing Jesse and his little brother Terry,"hey Michelle,how are you feeling?" The fourteen year old asked her. Michelle was in her own little world,"not good,but I will be soon." Michelle laid down against her headboard with her legs hanging off the bed. Jesse could tell by her body language that she wanted to start crying but obviously with him and terry being there she wasn't going too.

"So,did you tell you're parents about what happened yesterday or..."terry questioned the older girl. "They already knew about coach wanting to talk to me,but they didn't know about his decision."Jesse sighed at what Michelle just said. It was fair for her to be suspended from the mighty ducks because her actions, but Jesse wasn't going to say that out loud.

Terry smacked his lips,"man,that's fucked up,but at least now you know that you're actions do have consequences."
Michelle sighed and nodded her head.

"Did the girls tell you about coach's decision on suspending you from the team?"Jesse asked Michelle sitting on the other side of her bed by her taking off his shoes.
Michelle took notice of how comfortable he was in her room to do that but didn't say anything about it.
"Yeah they did..."

"Coach did what?" Terry asked as he took off his shoes by her bedroom door and sat on edge part of her bed.

"Coach told us not long after Michelle left the rink yesterday,that if he didn't either suspend Michelle from the team for a month or kick Michelle off the team for good,that Amber's parents where going to press charges against Michelle."

"For breaking that bitch's nose!?"

Jesse and Michelle nodded.
"All because Michelle defend herself against four girls,does her parents know that she started the fight?"terry asked.

"I don't know what amber told her parents or anyone for that matter,for all I know she could have put all of the blame on me and played the victim."Michelle shrugged her shoulders. "I have no clue."

Terry sighed,"well let's go out."
"Aye Terry,Michelle's too old for you"Jesse teased his brother.
Terry's face went slightly red that made Michelle and Jesse laughed at him.
"Not like that, I mean the three of us. Let's go get some pizza or something."

"I don't really feel like it maybe tomorrow or something Terry."

Jesse and terry got up from her bed,slipped their shoes on,"are you coming to practice today Michelle?" Jesse asked.

"Maybe, I don't know."

"Okay well,we'll see you whenever we see you."Jesse winked at Michelle with a small smile on his face,that Michelle smiled slightly at him.

Jesse and Terry walked out of her room closing her door. "Bye mr and mrs.Johnson." Jesse and Terry stated simultaneously.
"Bye boys."

"Don't think I didn't see that shit Jesse" terry said.
"What?"
"You winking at Michelle with the biggest,goofiest,boyish smile on ya face."

Jesse quickly but surely said with a small blush on his face,"no,you saw wrong."

Terry nodded like 'yeah right'
"Yeah right,you're whipped for Michelle Jesse I can see it."

"Keep talking and Imma whipped you're butt"
"That don't even sound right."

They went on like that all the way until they got to the pizza parlor.