Chapter 25

D A Z Z L E

Chapter 25

Wyatt

It's my daughter's fifth birthday, she's speaks rather well now and very good with pronouncing words. She's still fond of the sea, still wants to be a mermaid, but aside from that, she has a new dream. To be a teacher, just like her mommy.

As for me, I also have a new dream. To be a husband if my beautiful Cameron will allow me.

I put my hand inside my pocket where the diamond ring I selected was sitting, and I looked up to see Cameron and Umiko eating a cupcake. God, they are so beautiful. My heart feels like bursting any moment whenever I see them laughing and happy together.  

Some might say that I am rushing things, but I don't think so because I know Cameron is it for me and Umiko. She stayed, and I know we played a big part on her decision. She chose us, this town, this family, this life.

I never expected everything to turn out so bright and light.  Especially with what happened with my former. But perhaps this is what you call destiny. Cameron is our destiny.

"Daddy! Come here!" It was Umiko, waving her new sea lion stuffed toy. I smiled and kept the ring in my pocket as I walk towards my family, our family.

Cameron is still residing at Mr. & Mrs. Sean's place and I ought to change that very soon. When I talked to Umiko about my plans, she'd been delighted. Every night she asks me when will I marry Cameron. I think she's the most excited one.

"Love, enough cup cake now. We have guests to arrive." I told Miko and kissed her temple.

"Just one more, daddy. Please?" She asked, with her big soulful eyes and pouty lips. Her cheeks are still chubby, her hair still short and wild and curly. She'll forever be my baby girl. Meanwhile, Cameron is shaking her head and mouthing that our daughter already had two.

"Mommy said you already had two. You have to share it with your friends, they're coming soon."

She pouted but nodded.

"'Kay."

"My baby is such a good girl." Cameron said and our daughter hugged her tightly.

"Mommy, I'm going to wait for Landry."

"Sure. Go ahead, sweetheart." Cameron said then kissed Umiko's cheek.

We both watched Umiko standing by the door waiting for her friends.

"What about me?" I asker Cameron.

"What about you?" She asked back.

"Where's my kiss?"

Cameron smiled but shook her head. She tiptoed and kissed my cheek.

"No. Not gonna let you go without kissing me properly." I said then pulled her closer to me. I leaned and kissed her sweet lips before the visitors arrive.

She's in dazed when our lips parted. We both are. I know we have the same effect on each other.

"Daddy, Mommy! Landry's here!"