Chapter 19

D A Z Z L E

Chapter Nineteen

Wyatt

Cameron and I are seeing each other for a week now. It has been glorious. I haven’t felt this light before. I mean, being with her hits differently. Everything seems so easy. She gets along with my family, especially my daughter.

There’s a downside though. Hindi pa kami nagkakasarilinan talaga ni Cameron. Whenever we’re together, it’s with our friends always. Idagdag pa ang parents ko na nawiwili rito sa bahay hindi lang dahil sa anak ko kundi dahil na rin kay Cameron. Kahit pa ba napagkasunduan namin na mag h-hang out lang kami gaya ng dati ay gusto ko pa ring masolo si Cameron ng kaming dalawa lamang.

So, right now I am planning to take her out, just the two of us.

“So Ma, I’m planning to have dinner with Cameron.” I told my mother.

“Oh, ipagluluto ko kayo, dito ba kayo mag d-dinner sa bahay.”

“You don’t have to. I’m thinking of taking her out.”

“Mag d-date kayong dalawa?” Mom asked, her happiness is very obvious. Nagniningning ang mga mata niya at halata na gusto niya ang ideya.

“Kind of.”

“Sabihin mo nga sa akin ang plano mo, ‘nak.” She teased and I rolled my eyes.

“No. Tsaka na lang, ‘Ma.”

“Ku, itong binata ko nahiya pa.” She said and I cringed.

“Well, isang araw lang naman sana, ‘Ma.”

“Oo sige, kami na ng Dad mo ang bahala sa kay Miko, mag enjoy lang kayo ni Cameron sa date niyo.”

I thanked her and she hugged me in return, saying how grateful she is that I decided to date Cameron. Not that I broadcasted that we’re already in a relationship.

-

Cameron

I blinked. Wyatt borrowed a boat from work and that’s where he decided to take me for our first date.

“Wyatt … isn’t this too much?” I asked when I saw the whole set up. There were lights, flowers, good food and good wine, plus the ocean as our backdrop. Everything is so beautiful. It’s perfect.

“Do you like it?” He asked. There’s a shy smile on his face.

“Like it? I love it.” I said and smiled warmly.

That seemed to ease him. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at inalalayan ako.

It was late in the afternoon and the sun is about to set. Talagang gustong matunaw ng puso ko sa sobrang saya. Hindi ko alam na posible pala ang ganitong pakiramdam.

Nang makaupo na ako ay sinalinan ni Wyatt ng wine ang kopita ko.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I’m glad I brought you here.” Hindi rin nawawala ang ngiti ni Wyatt kaya’t ganoon din ang sa akin.

-

Wyatt

Cameron seems to like what I’ve prepared, genuinely. I stood from my chair and put it closer to her, that way we’re closer and I could easily reach for her.

“Have you always been like this?” She asked. Her eyes sparkling with curiosity while enjoying the seafood feast I prepared.

“Like what?”