Chapter 8

D A Z Z L E

Chapter Eight

Wyatt

For the first time in weeks, I got off from work earlier than usual. I went straight to pick up my baby girl.

Umiko is holding a small pail and watering the plants in their mini garden in front of their classroom when I came. One of her classmates is holding a small broomstick, another one is holding a dustpan.

Ah, looks like I will now have someone who will be eager to clean the house and water the plants at home. I grinned while looking at my daughter who's very eager and enthusiastic in her task that she might drown the poor potted plants.

"Teashel, teashel, watel!" My grin grew wider when I heard my daughter. Then she ran to one side of the garden where the faucet is. Cameron is there with a student with a small pail too. I ward off my vision when she bent over to talk to my daughter because my eyes automatically darted her arse.

That gave me the effect that I had that time in Stella's store. I gulped and glanced at Cameron, but I immediately turned away as if someone is watching me and I'm damn scared to get caught.

This is wrong. I shouldn't look.

I shook my head, and walked back to my car from the school gate as if the distance from the gate to my daughter and her teacher wasn't far enough.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket so I pulled it out. Maganda na ring distraction sa kung anumang pinupuntahan ng isip ko itong message na natanggap ko ngayon.

"Hey man, what's up? I'm in town."

The message was from Ace. I typed in a reply, dahil kung hindi ay baka mapunta na naman ang mga mata ko sa hindi ko naman dapat tinitingnan.

"Nice. Come to the house then."

"Cool. I'll drop by tonight."

Ibinalik ko na sa bulsa ko ang cellphone at eksaktong tumunog ang bell ng school. I saw my daughter pouting from afar, then she began to cry, and I kind of panic.

Did I miss something? What happened? Why is she crying?

Mabilis akong humakbang upang lapitan siya pero nabuhat na siyang kaagad ni Cameron. While the other children rushed inside the classroom, my Umiko is in her teacher's arms and crying.

"Hey, what happened?" Tanong ko nang makalapit ako sa kanila. Naroon na rin ang ibang mga magulang na sinusundo ang mga anak nila. Some of the parents gave me a questioning look, but in that moment I ignored them and zeroed my focus on my daughter and Cameron.

"Gusto pa niyang magdilig." Sagot ni Cameron sa akin. I blinked, and Cameron shrugged.

Nang iaabot na ni Cameron sa akin si Umiko ay mas lalo lamang umiyak ang anak ko at humigpit ang pagkakayakap kay Cameron.

"Hey, what's wrong? Daddy's here." I cooed.

"I don't want to go home. I'm watewing the plants, they awe dlinking, they awe thilsty, Daddy!" She cried harder. Hawak pa rin ang maliit na timba at tila ayaw bitiwan.

"Anak, iyong mga halaman naman sa bahay ang diligan mo. Hindi na thirsty ang mga plants dito sa school. We have plants at home that needs watering too." I explained and her ears perked. She abruptly stopped crying and stretched her little arms towards me.