Chapter 1

6 years ago

I was putting my stuff in the moving van and went back inside. "Mom! Is there any more boxes!" I yelled up the stares
"Just this last one I'll bring it down!" She yelled back coming down with the last box. We got into the car and started driving, we were leaving, leaving the outer banks, leaving my friends.

I would miss Kiara and her love for the ocean,Pope and his dream of going to a good college, we weren't even in high school yet, John B with so much determination, and then JJ with his stupid ideas.I had already said my good byes but I didn't want to, I ran through all the memories that I had with them.

I was the closest to JJ since we were more alike and met in the first grade, "Lily,honey you alright back there?" My dad had asked knowing how I felt about moving. "I'm good dad" I pulled on a fake smile and looked out the window, "You know this is for-"
"Let me guess, the best? You don't have to give me the hole speech about moving" I cut my mom off.
"Lily we want a better life for you, and this job that your mother got will be a good fresh start"
"And what if I liked my life here? Did you ever think about that?" They looked at each other and then there was silence. My parents never cared about my life they only cared for how mush money they had. My parents were also moving because of the big fight I got in after school. I had to go with the cops after that and we had to swear not to say anything about it. I guess that's how bad it was. But I won obviously.

I hadn't spoke to them the hole drive and before I knew it we were there,at the new house in Miami, the part I was dreading since the day I found out we were moving. I'll never see them again I thought to my self and my parents would never understand how unhappy I was and would never care. I mean after all they never did.

Present Day
     6 years later

      I had awoken from my deep sleep to the sound of my alarm go off. As I hit the button over and over again it finally stops and the notification pops up, it was my 16th birthday, I didn't really care for my birthday ever since we had moved from the one place on earth the made me feel hole.

After I took a shower,brushed my teeth and hair,then got dressed I went down stairs to see that my parents were not there.
   "Mom!" no one replied so I called out for my dad, "Dad!" still no reply. I went to go look out side,they weren't there then I check the garage but there was no one. Finally I went back in side to the kitchen to find a note that said,

      Dear Lily,
         HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you so much! Me and your father wish we could be there but I had found a new job opportunity and we had to leave town. I want you to stay with your grams in the outer banks for some time alright and you love the outer banks.
We should be back in a couple of days for you.
     Love
        Your Mom and Dad.

   I look down at the pice of paper in my hands,I was finally going back to the outer banks, I was finally going to see my friends again. When suddenly it hits me, my parents left on my birthday and didn't even say goodbye. I was at this moment that a nock on the door brought me back to reality.

   It was grams she was here and I was not ready, "Come in" I said with a crack in my voice. As she opens the door I can see her short body enter, she had short gray hair and a couple of wrinkles on her face, she always tried to look so young, and with her black hand bag in hand she said,
    "Martha, dear is Lily ready?" She was completely clueless that they were gone.
     "Um grams I'm not ready and mom and dad aren't here."
      "What? Then we're are they?" She asked
    "They left for a job opportunity again" I answered back marking no expression
    "Lily,dear are you alright?" She look at me with concern.

I look down then looked back at her, "Of course I'm fine I'm used to it" I pulled a fake smile.
"Ok well then go pack and I'll be in the car" she smiled and left me standing in the hallway. I went upstairs and packed up most of my stuff I looked down on my bed at the note my parents had left me, How could they?! I thought they could never really care for me because if they did they would be here on my birthday. Before I was filled with sadness and confusion but now all I feel is anger and hatred.

I took one of my litters and the note in both hands and burnt the note. I couldn't let the house burn down of course so I put the burning note in a glass of water I had from last night.
I went down with multiple bags in my hands to see my grams opening the door.
"Looks like you need some help" she chuckled and took some bags.

   Me and grams put the bags into the trunk and the backseat, got in the car and started heading to her home in the outer banks. I chose to think of anything else but my parents from here on and in the future. I wanted to be excited to go back to my favorite place on earth, I wanted to be excited to go back to my best friends. If they still remember me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  IK IT MIGHT BE BAD BUT ITS MY FIRST STORY SO JUST GO WITH IT 🤷‍♀️