Chapter 13

The next morning I woke up to JJ shaking me.
"JJ what is it?" I asked being half asleep.
"There's still no power so your grams went to get the back up generator on." He said.
"You woke me up for that?!" I was a bit upset, I'm not a morning person.

He walked over to where he was sleeping and started to fold the blankets.
"She wanted us to find something to eat so get up." He put the clean folded blankets on my bed.
"I don't think there will be any where that will be in good shape for us to get some food." I sat up and looked out the window.

There were huge puddles every where, leaves and branches from the big trees had fallen, and the trees that couldn't hold them selves had fallen as well. It looked like it had flooded a bit.
I got out of bed and went to go brush my teeth. When I came out JJ was leaving the room so I could get dressed.

I put on a short sleeve dark green shirt,with some faded black ripped jeans, a black  zip-up sweater, and some worn out Nike's. I went into the kitchen and saw JJ scavenging through the cabinets for food.

"You find anything?" I asked walking to the other side of the room.
"There's not much but there is some bread and jelly." He said while searching the last cabinet.
"Is there peanut butter?" I asked.
"No" he said looking at me.

I sighed and walked over to the basement door.
"Grams you ok?" I called down the stairs.
"Yes! Did you find something to eat?!" She yelled back up.
"Not yet, but we might go out at check to see if we can get food." I said.
"Ok be careful." She said.

I turned back to JJ.
"Let's go to John B's." I grabbed the keys.
"So you finally made peace huh?" JJ laughed.
"Oh shut up and start the car." I through the keys at my laughing friend. I knew he was talking about me and grams.
I headed out to the car and JJ was blasting the music.

"TURN IT DOWN!" I had to yell so he could hear me. He turned it down as I got in the car and then headed to John B and Pope.

While we were driving we saw all the destruction that the storm did. People were clearing up there lawns and driveways that were full of wet leaves and branches. Then we reached John B's house. We got out of the car and saw that Pope and John B were over by the marsh.

We walked over and saw that they were clearing the branches from the boat.
"What's up?" JJ asked starting to help them clear the branches.

There was a bigger branch that not only JJ, John B, or Pope could carry alone so I stepped down and help them.
"Don't worry about it guys I got this." JJ said with a slight smirk of confidence.
"JJ-" Pope said before I cut him off.
"No let him have his little moment." I crossed my arms and smirked.
"Just watch" he said bending down and grasping the tree.

He tried to pick it up multiple times until he stopped.
"Yah um- that's a- heavier than I um thought." He said a little embarrassed scratching the back of his neck.
"Next time you try to impress Lily, J, don't try so hard." John B laughed grabbing the branch along with me and Pope.
"Oh shut up John B" JJ said blushing a bit.
He looked at me then looked back at the branch to hide his face.

After we moved the branch we started the boat and headed to pick up Kie. We stopped in front of the dock that was out side her parents restaurant.
"What you got in there!" JJ asked. Kie was running down to the boat. She was caring a red and white cooler.
"I brought the juice boxes." She winked at us as if she were trying to tell us something.
"Oh, what kind of juice boxes." John B got the message.
"The good kind" She laughed.

Once we were far enough in the marsh Kie opened the cooler and pulled out a beer. That's what the message was, that she brought the beers. I laughed at the thought if she really did bring juice boxes.

We each took a beer and hug out in the boat while John B drove it. JJ was like alway being stupid and stood in the edge of the boat letting the beer fly into his mouth.

"JJ looking good" I help my beer up to him and laughed. Just then the boat hit a hard stop and JJ went flying! We must have hit something.
JJ had hit the water and went under the surface.

"You good JJ" Pope called out as we saw JJ resurface.
"I think my heels touched the back of my head" JJ said painfully.
"What did we hit?" Kie questioned.
We lean over the boat to look in the water.
"Guys is that a boat?!" Pope pointed underneath JJ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI GUYS IM TRYING TO POST BUT I'VE BEEN A BIT BUSY HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONE!