Chapter 7

I got back to grams and hung to keys on the coat rack.
"Grams!?" I called out but no one answered. I tried calling out her name again but still no replay. I went looking around the house for her until I got to bedroom. She was asleep. I didn't want to wake her so I closed her door and went into my room.

I went into the kitchen to get a snack. I decided that I wanted something healthy tonight so I got a apple. It wasn't a fully red apple or a fully green one either it was a mix of both. I headed to my room while taking a bite out of the apple, it was so juicy and delicious, I then closed my door.

I laidback on the front of the bed and turned on the TV. I didn't know what I should put on until I found a movie called "Red Notice" that I've never seen before. About half an hour had past and I had finished the movie, it was really funny. I got up to go check see if grams was up yet. I opened the door to her room to see that she has gotten out of bed.
"Oh hello Lily" she was startled.
"Sorry I was checking in" I come into the room.
"That's alright" she says smiling.

I took a quick little look around her and saw a picture in a wooden frame. I picked it up and saw that it was her standing next to a woman and both were wearing police uniforms. I had forgotten that grams was a sheriff. I remember her letting me put on the sirens on my birthday. But I couldn't tell who the other woman was.

"That's me with sheriff Petterkin, I could say she's one of my closest friends" she took the picture from my hands.
"Oh so that who it was, I didn't recognize her" I laughed.
"Well you have been gone a long time sweetie" she laughs.
I look down sadly, "I wish I never had left" I played with my fingers not making eye contact with her.
"Look at me Lily, it's not your fault that you left. You were only 10 and had no choice" she said with her hand on my shoulder.
"BUT I DID HAVE A CHOICE, I COULD'VE STAYED HERE WITH YOU! BUT YOU WERE TO UPSET ABOUT GRANDPA'S DEATH!" I snapped at her and pushed her away. I realized what I said and grams expression immediately changed.

"Grams I-Im sorry I didn't mean to-" She put her hand up gesturing for me to leave.
I left the room and stormed out side. Grams follows me to the porch.
"Where do you think your going?!" She tries to stop me from getting in the car.
"I'm leaving for a few hours so you don't have to deal with me" I opened to car door.
"When did I say that I wanted you to leave?" She asks.
"Trust me it's the best I don't want anything bad to happen. Dad says I lose my temper fast and last time I lost it that girl got hurt" I got in the car and started it.

"Where will you go?" She held the door.
"I can go to John B's" I said
"Lily you don't have to go" she let go of the door.
"Yes I do, I'll probably see you tomorrow grams" I closed the door and backed out of the driveway. She looked upset.

I was driving next to the ocean when I decided to call John B. As the phones rang I took a deep breath so that I sounded like I was ok. Finally he picked up.
"Hey what's up?" He asked
"Hey I was wonder if I could come over for tonight?" I waited for his reply.
"Ya that's fine. Is everything ok Lily?" He sounded concerned.
"Um, yah just thought that we could catch up, you know since I was gone for a while" I lied.
"Alright Um just text me when you get here"
"Ok thank John B, bye"
"Bye, see you soon" he hangs up the phone.

The rest of the drive I played some music and just sat there singing along with them. Until JJ FaceTimed me.
"Hey John had said you were heading over to his place" he said
"I wanted to catch up with him you know" I said laughing a little.
"Ok Lily why don't you just tell me the truth?" He shook his head and sighed.
"What are you talking about?" I asked
"Your lying. You never looked at someone when ever you tried to lie when we were kids" he looked at me waiting on me to tell the truth.

I looked at him annoyed.
"You know your a real pain" I laughed
"Ok, me and my grams had a little argument and I thought it was best for me to leave" I said ashamed.
"Oh, we'll are you alright?" He looked worried.
"Im fine, just don't tell John B please I don't want him to think that Im just using his place to get away" I begged.
"Don't worry about it your secret is safe with me" he laughed. Then I hired a voice in the background. "JJ GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" It sounded like a man.

I stopped the car and picked up the phone.
"JJ is everything ok?" I was worried
"Ya everything's fine. I gotta go Lily. See you tomorrow ok."
"Are you sure bec-" he had hung up on me.
Was he ok? Who was that? And why did JJ sound nervous?

I started driving again and couldn't get the thoughts of what happened. But I put the music back on and drove to John B's.