Chapter Thirty-Five

"Lady Reyna-Rose? What are you doing here?" I turned around and saw Thor standing in the grass with me. "I don't mean to offend you, I'm just... confused." He was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a jacket and held an umbrella. Something very different from what I last saw him in.

I nodded and looked around. "Yeah, me too. I want to answer your question I just don't know how to yet," I answered.

There was a groan followed by some rustling grass. I turned a little more and saw a man in a black suit with black hair trying to get up from the ground. "Who is that?" I asked, unsure of what Thor was doing here with this random person.

Thor looked over and saw the man then made an 'ah' noise before looking back at me. "That is Loki. He's my brother. I'm somewhat surprised you don't recognize him," he said.

I titled my head and asked, "Why?"

"He tried to take over New York and then the world a few years ago. It was a big deal, the Avengers were basically formed then, all that stuff," Thor answered.

It clicked for me. "Right, yeah I remember Hydra informing me of all this when they wanted me to kill all of you. Took me a second since I blocked out most of those days because they were, well, unpleasant to put it lightly."

The man, Loki, turned to us. "As happy as I am to hear you two speak," he started, the sarcasm extremely noticeable. He then looked at Thor solely and gestured with his head. We all turned our heads to look.

An older looking man sat on a rock, looking out onto the water that was far below. This helped me figure out we were on a cliff, but that's all I got. Thor and Loki, however, looked as though they knew the man. I stayed back where I was while they walked forward and sat with the man.

"FRIDAY," I said, turning away from them so I wouldn't watch this heart-to-heart looking moment. "Where am I?"

"Norway, in northern Europe." I let out a breath, my head falling back. "I will alert Mr. Stark to your location if you'd like."

I shook my head, then realized she couldn't see me. "Let me see if Thor can take me back first before we stress Tony out." After a beat, I spoke up again. "Do you have any idea what happened? How I got here to Norway with Thor and his brother?"

She was quiet for a minute, but then came back. "I do not have any answers, I'm afraid." That was not quite the answer I wanted. "Shall I contact Mr. Stark now?"

"Not yet. But, do we have anyway of contacting Doctor Strange? He might be able to fix this situation pretty quickly," I suggested. Not that I hate Tony, I just didn't want to freak him out and give him reason to lock me away in the compound.

"I'm afraid we have no personal communication methods with Doctor Strange. What would you like to do?"

I was going to answer, but there was a ripple in the air. "What the..." My eyes stayed trained on the part of the sky I felt the ripple come from. A second later, another one happened, but it didn't go away right after. It grew and green light started spilling out.

"Oh, shit, Thor!" I called, turning back to face them. Him and Loki were standing, the old man gone. They both turned to face me and then looked up at the green light growing in the sky.

They walked forward, Thor slamming his umbrella down on the ground. A lightening bolt crashed down from the sky on Thor, causing him to change into his armor and the umbrella to change into his iconic hammer. Loki changed as well in a less showy way, dressing himself in green and black.

"Lady Reyna-Rose, get away from that!" Thor yelled. I listened and took quite a few steps back as a woman started to come out of the green light, which I decided was a portal from some other place. As she continued to walk out, I took steps closer to the brothers until I was a yard away from Thor.

She had long, black hair and was wearing a black suit-like thing that reminded me of Nat's. The look on her face shook me and I felt goosebumps go up my arms.

Subtly, I got energy formed in my hands and was ready. Sadly, I didn't have the ability to change into a suit of armor so I had to stay dressed as some random teenager you'd find on the streets of the city. Oh, the city...

"So he's gone," she said as the portal thing closed behind her. No-one responded to her, we all just stood and waited to see what she'd do. "A shame, I would've liked to have seen that."

"You must be Hela," Thor suddenly said. I looked at him quickly but then got back on the defense and focused on Hela. "I'm Thor, son of Odin."

She scoffed lightly. "Really? You don't look like him," she commented while looking him up and down.

"Perhaps we can come to an arrangement," Loki offered.

That made her smile, and she pointed at him. "You sound like him." Neither brother responded, again. "Kneel."

My eyebrows raised and Loki retorted, "Beg your pardon?" I wasn't surprised at his confusion because last time he was here, on Earth, he was telling people to kneel.

She looked to her left hand and flung it out. I was confused until a sword materialized in her grip. And it wasn't some sad little dagger, it was a sword nearly as tall as me. The emotions stayed off my face but internally I was not having a good time.

"Kneel," she repeated. "Before your queen."

Thor stepped forward and said, "I don't think so." He drew his arm back then threw his hammer at her. Just when I thought it was going to smash her face in and knock her back, she caught the thing.

"What the fuck" I said, unable to stop the surprise from coming out of my mouth.

It shook in her grip as Thor tried to call it back. Loki and I looked at it with disbelief because this was Thor's magical, special hammer. Only he was able to lift it. How was Hela able to keep a hold of it abasing Thor's wishes?

"It's... not possible," Thor said as he continued to try and get it back.

Hela just smirked. "Darling, you have no idea what's possible," she said. Her hand started to squeeze the hammer and cracks formed through out it. Light came pouring out and the hammer shook more violently until the whole thing exploded into a flash of light.

Thor and Loki used the arms to cover their faces while I used the energy in my hands to make a forcefield in front of me. When I looked back up and let it drop, the hammer was on the ground in pieces.

We all looked at it and her in surprise while she moved her hands over her head to create a helmet. It was black, like most of her outfit, and had long, sharp horns protruding from it. In any other context, I'd laugh at how she looked like a reindeer. Now, however, I was terrified of what she could do. Especially now that she had two swords in her hands that she was able to create from thin air.

"Bring us back!" Loki yelled at the sky.

"No!" Thor yelled back and started to charge forward.

"FRIDAY, call-" The words were taken out of my mouth when I was pulled up from the ground and into the sky.

A rainbow of colors surrounded me as I flew through the air at high speeds. Above me, I saw Thor flying and below me, I saw Loki. But then I saw Hela, too. "Loki!" Thor yelled, seeing the same person I did. He looked down and tried to fight her but got knock out of the rainbow lights and into what looked like space.

She was right below me now, but I couldn't concentrate enough to get any energy into my hands, let alone something to fight her with. Hela's hand wrapped around my ankle and she threw me out of the beam.

I screamed, something I hadn't done out of true fear in ages, as I flew through space. Things blurred around me. They lost theirs shapes and beams streaks of color as I flew faster as if being sucked into something. Everything became too much and I lost consciousness.