24. the truth

"Hey, I forgot to give you this, by the way" Kai reenters the dining room, a camera in his hand. "A camera?" Aurora says confused, grabbing the camera from him, he hums, "Yeah, when we were leaving the prison world I figured I should record it, get our last moments there on camera, and to say portal jumping looks awesome, liking editing minus the editing" he chuckles, Aurora rolls her eyes.

"And why are you giving this to me?" she asks, "Cause I don't want it" Kai replies simply, "Nice, so I'm stuck with it" she rolls her eyes, "Yep, you should watch the video it's pretty cool" he states, "Maybe later" she hums.

Aurora grabs the camera, she hadn't watched the video and decided with her small bit of free time before helping her Mom, she'd watch the video just to see if it's as 'cool' as Kai claimed it to be. She found the video on there, after flipping through the many selfies Kai took of himself, she smiled as she passed one of her in the background, looking at him weirdly. She doesn't even remember the photo being taken.

"Wait, smile" Kai's voice came from the camera, the video starting, there she saw herself there in the frame, Kai behind the camera, "What are you doing?" Aurora shook her head smiling, "Getting our last moments here on camera, could be cool" Kai grinned, Aurora shook her head and started reciting the incantation over and over again. She remembers feeling a overwhelming sense of power, something she hadn't felt in a long time.

She remembered knowing in that moment everything relied on her, she had to do the spell, she was responsible for getting herself and Kai out, it was up to her. "I think it's working!" Kai happily exclaimed over her chanting. A flash then came, and Aurora knew this was when she passed out, she expected them to go back to 2012, but for a moment, it seemed they went some place else.

"Rory?" Kai's voice said, he was holding her up, one arm over her shoulder, the camera in his hand loosely at his aide, but was pointed up towards them. "Aurora, wake up" Kai's voiced said again, "Who are you?" a new voice spoke, the camera was pointed up at what appeared to be a woman, "Who the hell's asking?" Kai asked back, before the woman could answer back, another flash occurred and the pair were back in the forest in Mystic Falls 2012.

The video then ended, but not before she heard Kai say, "You cannot be dead" before the video turned to black, signalling he either stopped recording or the camera memory was full. She watched the video again, skipping ahead until she was at where they met the woman. Aurora had never seen her before, and neither had Kai obviously, was she in the prison world with them and they never knew? Was she even real or just some magical figment from the eclipse.

Who was this mysterious woman?

...

Aurora hadn't heard from Liv since last night, she wasn't answering her calls or texts, or anything, she tried Tyler but he just said Liv didn't want to talk, to anyone. So, Aurora worried about her friend, went to her dorm, she knocked on the door. "Go away, Tyler" her voiced shouted, muffled, from the other side of the door. "Um, hello. Not Tyler" Aurora replied, knocking again, "Come on, Liv. Let me in"

Shuffling was heard on the other side of the door, the door opened a jar and there stood Liv, her blonde curls messy, and teary eyes. "What" she blandly stated, "Talk to me" Aurora replied, Liv stood back and opened the door wider for her to walk in, Aurora did so and Liv closed the door behind them. "Tyler already came by" she stated, "I'm sorry about Luke" Aurora frowned, holding her friends hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

She smiled small, "Thanks. I know you guys had your issues, but he liked you. You were different than the others" she explains, Aurora copied Liv's smile, "Yeah, he wasn't so bad himself" she lightly commented, chuckling, Liv's smile grew, but then frowned. "Why would he do this to me" she mumbled, "Leave me. At least if I did the stupid merge we'd be together still" Aurora frowned, she wasn't sure what to say to Liv. After Kai and Luke merged, she was with Kai, when she probably should've been here with Liv.