34. its been four years

The town Aurora once called home 4 years ago. The town that isn't the same that it once was. The town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. Aurora never thought she'd be back here, but her sister called, so she of course dropped everything going on in her life and drove into the small town once again. Not that she had anything interesting going on in her life, she went to Paris once, but that's about it.

The town of Mystic Falls went through a lot in her leave. Lily's crazy family of Heretics got out for one, and terrorized the town for a while. Caroline, also magically got pregnant somehow, carrying Jo and Alaric's twins, who are totally adorable, Caroline sends her pictures and Aurora is just determined to meet them, she plans for it to be the first thing she does when she sees Caroline again.

Aurora's phone rang, she used her car to answer, "Yeah" she said, "Where are you?" Caroline asked her, "Coming up to Mystic Falls in like 10 minutes" she replied, "Don't go there, come to this address" Caroline told her, "Uhm, okay" Aurora said confused, "I'll explain when you get here" Caroline replied hanging up. Another notification came through with the address Caroline texted her.

Aurora saw it wasn't even in Mystic Falls, but in Grove Hill. Regardless, she planned the route to this place called 'The Armory' ; she didn't know why Caroline wanted her to meet her here, rather than in Mystic Falls. She has been out of the loop for over a year, so maybe Mystic Falls no longer exists? I mean, it was bound to happen one day, the town just being taken completely off the map.

She hadn't even heard of this place until now, since when was Caroline and Alaric located there? She arrived at the location and parked her car next to what she assumed was Alaric's, she locked her car, crossed her arms across her chest to keep herself warm and walked over to the doors. She debated on knocking, but as she raised her fist to the doors, they opened on their own.

"Okay, weird" she mumbled, pushing them open further and stepping in, "Caroline? Ric?" she called out to them, "Who are you?" a man says, watching her oddly, she looked and saw a man she's never seen before, "Who are you?" she asked him, "I asked first" he retorted, crossing his arms across his chest, copying her actions. "You could be some serial killer, I'm not telling you my name" Aurora scoffs.

"Do I look like the type of guy to be a serial killer?" he scoffs, gesturing to himself, Aurora's eyes followed down his body, he wasn't built very big, he was skinny, looking weak, "I've known a lot of guys who look harmless, but are very dangerous" Aurora's eyes narrow, "Yeah? I could say the same about you. How do I know you're not another one of those freaky sirens" the man scoffs.

Aurora looks at him with wide eyes, "I'm sorry, did you just say sirens? Like those mermaid things?" she asks him, "Yeah, and believe me, they are nothing like they were on that mermaid show" the man mumbles, "Wait, why am I talking to you. I should be calling Ric" the man adds, shaking his head, "You know Ric?" Aurora asked him, "Yeah" his voice went quiet, "Do you?"

"Yeah" Aurora answered, feeling more calmer than she originally was when she first walked in, "Wait, are you Aurora?" he asks, "Yeah" she nods her head, confused how he knows her name, yet she doesn't even know his. "Oh! Yeah, we were expecting you" he says, chuckling lightly, the smile on his face rising.

"Sorry, who are you and how do you know Ric?" Aurora asks the man, "Oh, sorry, I'm Chase. I work with him here" he introduces himself, walking forward, sticking his hand out, "Nice to meet you" Aurora shakes his hand, "Are you..." she trails off, unsure how to ask this question, "Supernatural? Nah, I'm human" he shrugs his shoulders.

"Cool" she nods her head, "Yeah, I met Ric about a few years ago and I've been with him since" Chase informs her, "Oh, cool, sorry" Aurora apologies, "I just haven't been here in a while" she tells him, "Yeah, Ric and Caroline talk about you" Chase nods his head, "You know Caroline too?" Aurora aks surprised, Chase laughs, "Yeah, there's a whole team of us here"