8. you saved my life

"No I don't have a home! This isn't my home! This prison world? I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be dead, I wasn't supposed to be given a second chance at life. I died and when you die you don't come back. I was ready to find peace and move on, but I get sucked into this world with my two friends and ended up meeting a totally hot psycho dude" she rants tears in her eyes, running her fingers in her messy hair. 

"Think of this as a blessing in disguise Rora. You got another chance at living" Kai reasons with her, trying to not to smile when she called him hot again. "You know a few months ago, we made a deal, that if being here was too much and we lost all hope that we would drown the oldest bottle of alcohol in the boarding house, then end it" she trails looking at the bottle in her hand, "1942, over 60 years old" she slightly smiled before it was replaced by a frown. "I can't do this anymore Kai, and I know you don't care, so I don't understand why you're here and why you're speaking to me like any of this is okay" Aurora sniffs wiping her eye.

Kai's eyes slightly widen at what she was implying. "Rora think about this" Kai says carefully, anything could make her break. "I have thought about this, for months now. I've only considered it now because I have no hope left, there's no way I'm getting out here, we don't have powers, there isn't a power source in the world for us to use so we can escape" she cries, "I'm done Kai, you don't even care about me, or anyone. I don't want to spend another miserable day in here, not when there's a chance that you could kill me in my sleep, and I'd rather off myself than die to you" she says her hands shaking as she opens a draw holding a knife.

"Okay okay, calm down. We can talk about this" Kai says putting his hands out, "We did talk. I talked, you stood there and listened. You only care because we're linked. Well you'll just have a nap for awhile before waking up, but me? I'll be gone forever, not that it matters, I don't think anyone would miss me. Elena is probably happily with Damon, Caroline and Stefan are probably figuring stuff out, Bonnie is reunited with Jeremy, Enzo probably left Mystic Falls and found someone else, even Liv won't care, her brother killed me and made me end up on the other side, she won't turn against her best friend. I'll simply be a memory that people just think back to and forget" her hands shaking, her cries filling the room.

She lifts the knife raising it high and plunges it deep in her stomach. Kai's shouts and rushes to her, holding her, "This isn't the way Rora" he says, she laughs, "I don't care, goodbye" she softly says as she fades away.

Aurora jolted awake sweating and crying, she wiped her tears, she lifted her shirt up to see nothing there, just the scar from when Kai shot her with an arrow. She looked to the clock to see it was 3am, perfect. She carefully climbs out of bed and makes her way out the room and downstairs towards the kitchen to grab a drink of water. To her surprise Kai is there, shirtless, may she add. Her footsteps made him look up at her, "Oh, did I wake you?" he mumbles, she shakes her head, "No I woke up, nightmare" she answers hesitatingly.

He nods and moves out the way so she can get a glass of water, "Do you want to talk about it? Jo always did for me when I had nightmares and it surprisedly helped" Kai mutters looking up at Aurora. She sips her water and puts the glass down, "I didn't think you'd care" she says looking at her feet, avoiding his gaze, he shrugs his shoulders, "Could be because it's late, and I'm tired or maybe I wanna help. So spill your inner thoughts" he says leaning against the counter. Aurora sighs, "Long story short, it was about yesterday, except I actually did do it" she tells him, her voice breaking.

"Yeah I get that" he mumbles, she looks at him confused, "Back then, Joshua tried to whip me into being a real witch, literally. And sometimes I'd think about just ending it there, I had nightmares that I actually did do it. I'd wake up shaking, and Jo was there to talk to me, and calm me down. It worked" he says quietly. Aurora stood there shocked at him willingly opening up to her. "Jo knew she'd get in trouble if she was seen anywhere near my room, all my siblings were. But she didn't care, she had to make sure I was okay, and she wouldn't leave until I fell back asleep" he adds then laughing.