38. next chapter

Happiness was all around Aurora. Everyone was smiling ear to ear at their accomplishments, they finally won a battle without any collaterals, it had been a few days since then but everyone was celebrating just now. Elena was okay, she was happy and safe and breathing, as was Bonnie, Aurora siphoning the curse off worked and didn't kill either of them. Caroline and Stefan were happy, despite going into the battle thinking it'd only end in disaster, but they won, and can live happily for the rest of their lives, well Stefan's life. Damon was happy he had Elena back, after all these years of missing her, he was finally whole again.

Matt was happy the town was safe, but was also a tad upset that he lost Vicki again as well as his mother, though he isn't that upset over his mother, because in his eyes, he didn't really have a mother, or a father for that, but he's working on his relationship with his father, considering he's the only family he has left. Jeremy came back from Art School, apparently he's a pretty good artist, but Mystic Falls will always be home, he knew that's where he'd come back to someday.

Alaric is happy the twins are safe and well, Damon and Stefan gave him the Boarding House so he could start up his own school for the supernatural for his girls. Since Damon and Elena got a place of their own, and Damon had already started to rebuild Elena's house after she burnt it down. Stefan had been staying at Caroline's home, after getting everything back she sold when she had no humanity, she did make sure to ask Aurora if it was okay, and she assured it was, she had a place.

Though, to get where they are now, they lost a lot of people along the way; some of them, like Alaric, Jeremy and Bonnie who have each died on a few occasions were able to come back, but the likes of Jenna, Tyler and Enzo, weren't as lucky. With the Other Side gone, Aurora isn't sure where they all are now, she imagined they are at some kind of peace, Jenna and Tyler at least, she isn't sure if Bonnie still holds onto her own dimension with Enzo inside, or if she let him go, allowing him to find his own peace.

The group is holding a small celebration in the Boarding House, everyone was together for once. Aurora introduced two of her new friends she's met; Victoria and Nicholas to everyone, and they adapted quickly, Victoria falling into conversation with Damon of all people. When Aurora first met Victoria, she saw a lot of Damon in her, she'd hope they'd meet one day. Victoria made acquaintances with Stefan, having run into each other while Stefan was on the run from Rayna Cruz a few years back.

Nicholas, who is usually glued to Aurora's side, was talking to Matt, she isn't sure about what, but the young werewolf looked happy and Aurora was happy Nicholas was finally getting out of his shell and trusting other people again. "So, Victoria's nice" Caroline came and stood next to sister by the food table, Aurora turned to her sister and smiled, "Yeah, she's been through a lot" she replied, "9 centuries will do that to you" Caroline lightly laughs.

When the others learnt of Victoria's age, they were surprised. They didn't know many old vampires, certainly not one that's close to the Originals age, Victoria wondered if she should tell her new friends about her time with the Originals, but after looking at Aurora who cheekily shook her head, telling her to not tell them and wait, Victoria decided to do that. She wanted to mess with them for a bit, then one day randomly drop into conversation that she knew the Originals, some more than others.

"What'd I tell you, Caroline, call me Tori" Victoria broke off from her conversation with Damon, "Sorry!" Caroline replied, smiling with her teeth, Victoria lightly shook her head and then back to her conversation with Damon. "So, we haven't really talked since you know the big day" Caroline starts. After stopping Katherine and saving Elena, everyone was tired out from this battle and took a few days to spend with their loved ones, then a few days later they'd celebrate their successes.

"Yeah" Aurora simply replied, watching around at their friends, Chase and Alexandra were talking to Dorian, Bonnie was showing the twins some simple magic tricks, them watching in aw, Stefan was talking to Jeremy and Alaric, "So, what's next for you?" Caroline asked, "You staying? Going?" she questioned, "I'm staying, Nick likes it here, Tori seems to be liking it, Chase and Alex are great, and I've missed you all so much" Aurora explained, "I'm sorry for rarely calling in the time I was away, I was grieving, and then I just ignored everyone, cause this town had brought me nothing but misery"