31. what is love

It was late at night when a knock was on the apartment door. Aurora woke up confused on who could be knocking. No one knew about the apartment except her and Kai, and she was sure he told no one about it, and she also told no one about it, so how was someone knocking on the door this late at night.

She thought that maybe it could be just a neighbor, borrowing some sugar. She shakes the thought away, considering how late it was. She quietly got out of the bed, in case the person may be a vampire and is listening in to her every move. Aurora heads into the kitchen and grabs the largest knife there, ready to attack if it were an intruder of some sorts.

Slowly, she walks to the door, the person knocks again, she grabs the door handle and slowly opens the peering out, ready for the worst, she calms down once she sees it's only Bonnie and Elena, "Oh, it's you guys" she mumbles, putting the knife down to her side, "Yeah, no need to go all stabby on us" Elena says, eyeing the knife down, "Sorry" Aurora apologies, putting the knife back.

"What's up? How'd you find me?" Aurora asks them, "Followed you one day" Elena admits, "Oh" Aurora says, surprised, "Yeah, since locator spells don't work" Bonnie says, "Right um– Kai sorta put those up" she said awkwardly, "Oh" Bonnie nods, "I don't have anywhere to go" Aurora defends herself, knowing the topic of Kai is sensitive. "It's fine, Aurora, we– I didn't come here to fight" Bonnie tells her.

"What is it?" Aurora asks, crossing her arms over her chest, "Can we come in? It's weird standing out here and talking" Elena answered, "Yeah, come in" she says no hesitation, then remembers the spell, "Wait, actually–" she cuts herself off when they both come in without being blocked by the barrier. She looks confused, remembering only Kai could invite people in, so why was she able to?

"What?" Elena questioned, "Nothing" Aurora shakes the thought away, closing the door, "What is it?" she asks the pair, "We're throwing Jo's bachelorette party and wanna know if you want to come?" Elena asked her, "Are you sure?" Aurora's face dropped, her and Jo weren't exactly friendly, considering her relationship with Kai, "I mean with everything, does she want me there?" Aurora questioned.

"I'm sure she'd love to have you there" Bonnie smiled at her, "Besides, I think you need the distraction, and this will be fun" she kept her smile on, "Okay" Aurora smiled, "Yeah?" Elena doubled check, Aurora nodded keeping her smile, "Yeah, could be fun"

...

"Surprise!" the three girls said in unison, jumping out to reveal themselves to Jo. Elena and Bonnie hired a male stripper for Jo for her bachelorette party, Aurora laughed about it when they informed her of how the party was going to go. "No, no, no, this can't be happening" Jo tried dismissing it, "Believe it" Aurora smiled, putting a crown on Jo's head.

They all danced to the music, having the time of their lives, Aurora danced with Bonnie for some parts, and with Elena for other parts. "Happy bachelorette!" they each said to Jo, Elena throwing more confetti that she had been throwing around the whole time at her. "Last day as a single woman, you better enjoy it" Aurora smiled, grabbing some confetti from the bag Elena had and throwing it up in the air, some landing in her hair.

The next stop was a diner, which they had all to themselves and could eat all the cheeseburgers they wanted. "An entire diner to ourselves. Actual heaven" Jo exhales happily, taking another bite of her burger, "Caroline were here, she'd be planning a spa day" Elena comments, "Please, she'd be planning a trip to France" Aurora chuckles, "But now she's MIA" Bonnie adds.

"Understandable. Considering" Jo shrugs her shoulders, taking another bite, Aurora doing the same with her own burger, "I tried texting her, just letting her know that we can talk when she's ready, but no reply" Aurora informs them. Caroline turned her humanity back on, but has been MIA ever since, the guilt of everything she did and everyone she hurt hurling back in, hurting Aurora included.