36. time for another wedding

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" Aurora spoke, her phone up to her ear, Damon on the other end, as he broke the news to her. "Not gone, gone, disappeared, vanished into thin air" Damon explained, "How? What– What happened?" she asked him, "After you left, Blondie and Ric went to check on the twinsies, then when Ric went back, Kai was gone" Damon explained, it was silent for a moment before he spoke again, "It wasn't you was it?"

"Me? No" Aurora replied instantly, if she was planning on doing something with Kai, she would've taken his unconscious body and then scrammed out of town, "I don't know where he is" she told Damon, "Far away from here" Damon told her, "You know this how? What if he's planning his next attack?" she asked him, "He's not our main worry right now" Damon replied, calmly, but he had a hint of anger in his tone, "Then what is? Or am I going to be kept out of the loop again?"

"Before he skipped town, he paid a visit to Bonnie" Damon started to explain.

"Oh, Bon Bon" Kai's taunting voice spoke from a few feet away, Bonnie spun around seeing him standing right near her, while his body expression was cool and collected, Bonnie's was tight and shaken. "What are you doing here?"she cooly asked him, Kai dramatically sighed, "What? Can't visit my favorite Bennett witch?" he questioned, "No" she replied, throwing her hand out, but Kai was quicker and knocked her to the ground, knocking the wind out of her.

"I didn't come to fight, Bonnie, believe it or not" he spoke after a moment, "So, then what? You escape going back to Hell and now what? Aurora?" Bonnie spat, standing quickly back up onto her feet, "Aurora will come around, someday" Kai simply replied, "What was that saying? An entirety of misery?" he chuckles to himself, "Leave her alone" Bonnie warned, "I'm warning you now, Kai, stay the hell away from her" she glared him down, Kai chuckled again, finding a crazy sense of deja vu here, "She's a big girl, you and your little vampire best friend can't do anything anymore"

"Don't test me" Bonnie's teeth gritted, "I'll recreate Hell just to send you back" she threatened. Then, Kai started laughing like a maniac, Bonnie's demeanor changed, she looked at him confused, wondering why he kept laughing, "What?" Bonnie ended up asking, regretting it as soon as the word left her lips, "Oh it's cute" Kai wiped a fake tear, "What is?" Bonnie leaned into his question more, Kai looked at her and smirked. "That you think you destroyed Hell"

Bonnie shook her head, confused and started to speak, "What are you talking about? Cade–" Kai holds his hands up, stopping her from speaking more, "Yeah, Cade is dead, but you didn't destroy Hell, in fact, Hell's never been in better hands" he exclaimed to her, Bonnie stayed silent taking in the information, wondering if he was lying to mess with her, or if there was the small chance he was telling the truth.

"What are you talking about?" she repeated, "I lost the bet" Kai laughed again, "Well, one bet. I thought you'd all be able to see past me, the pawn, the knight, in the big game of chess" he explained, pacing around Bonnie. "But, you didn't, I lost, and I never lose, but I played my part" he added, making even less sense to Bonnie. "Quit speaking in riddle" Bonnie snapped, "Okay" Kai replied, "Think of the only person worse than Cade–  Someone who knows all your weak spots– The person who will stop at nothing to make you all suffer– The person who wants revenge for what you did... to her"

Bonnie starts to connect all the dots together, she then freezes coming across the realization, "Katherine" she mumbled, "Bingo!" Kai sang, "But don't worry Bon Bon, dear old Rory is safe, part of another deal I made, I distract and let you all kill Cade, and when successful and she becomes Queen of Hell, she doesn't drag me back and leaves sweet old Aurora and I alone in the big plan" he explained further, Bonnie still stayed silent, wondering if he was lying, but a lot began to make sense to her with everything that happened.