Grocery Shopping, and a Suprise Phone Call

I wasn't even sure why he invited me. He ignored me the entire ride there. We were in his beat up pick up truck which was obnoxiously loud when it ran. I was surprised it ran, actually. It smelled of cigarettes, like freshly chopped wood, and gasoline. I knew I didn't like it, but his faint woody scent came to me and I found myself trying to put it in isolation. 

When we got out of the truck I decided to make conversation. "So why don't I ever see you at the house if you're Xav's best friend?'" I asked him while he got a shopping cart.  

He shrugged. "I should ask you the same thing. I'm always at the house. You aren't." This was true. I was always so caught up in music or art, sometimes I'd even stay late at the class or gallery I worked at. "I didn't even know he had a sister." I doubted it was true, I was sure Xavier had mentioned me before. We were close. I couldn't see how Conrad would forget it, but it happens.

"How long have you been friends?" 

He shrugged again, but this time took a longer time to answer. We were in the vegetable section and I got a variety of greens. "A while. A year or two."  

A year or two? How is that supposed to tell me anything? I looked at him and he cringed as I put the veggies in the shopping cart. "You're not a vegetarian are you?" He asked with that careless tone again.  

"No, 'course not." I chuckled lightly, but also extremely annoyed by his attitude. 

The entire time I decided it'd be best to not talk to him. If he wanted to be a dick then sure he could do whatever. 

We were in the beer isle and he was debating on whatever lite beer he wanted. He looked at me in question and I shrugged, taking a case of what Xavier calls 'sophisticated beer'. Sam Adams, my father's favorite. He raised and eye brow and took a few more cases of different brands.  

"Well if it isn't the precious heart breaker," a voice behind me said. And it was, no doubt, directed toward me.  

I turned around. Camden Perry. Bradley's best friend. Camden was close to me at some point, until I completely cut him off. Ever since then he admitted he liked me and called me a 'Precious Heart breaker' as a mocking joke, he had believed I was stuck up because I didn't date after that, thinking I thought I was too good for anyone. I didn't mind that rumor. "Hey," I said flatly.  

He approached me and I crossed my arms. I wasn't too sure I wanted to know what he wanted. "Bradley keeps talking about you," Camden said, knowing it'd annoy me the most. 

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care," 

He stepped closer to me and pursed his lips annoyed. "Yeah I know. He's upset because you've already rejected him." 

"Well, there's nothing more to talk about."I said boldly and turned around to Conrad standing there staring at me with an emotionless glare. How he pulled it off so well, I wasn't sure.  

I looked him over once more and realized how intimidating he was. His messy dark hair tossed to perfection. His tight shirt showing off his muscles, his arms were crossed and I could just see from beneath, a sexy tattoo. I bit my lip, holding hack my temptations to reach out and trace over the black inked thorns.  

"Ahem," I looked up into his deep blue eyes, the mocking ones. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. He had caught me ogling him. He turned to Camden. "There a problem?" His smug voice sent a slight shiver to my spine. 

"And who are you?" Camden swung his arm around my shoulders, it was to anger me. His affection seemed to do that to me and I knew it wasn't fair to him. But he was just as much a player as Bradley was, so I shrugged him off.