More Reasons to Shop

After school the next day, I went to work. On my way I repetively told myself to be strong from now on. A fake smile if that's all it takes. No more hurting, I was good at that once, hiding it. Why was I suddenly so emotional?

At Vic's it was a casual day, a quiet one. Alexis came up to me with a late paycheck in hand. "Bonus. You deserve it." She told me.

I smiled at her. This is a good way to change my dramatic attitude. I stayed after Victoria's Secret to do a little shopping. Lots of stuff was already on clearance so I added that onto my employee discount and ended buying ten sets of underwear, three pajama sets, an outfit, and lingerie. Of course, I wasn't going to wear it. It was one of those 'never wear just worship' things I'd hang up in admiration in the center of my closet.

I smiled at how ridiculous I was and went home with two bags on my arm. I felt refreshed, shopping is the best kind of medicine.

Finally home I greeted Xavier and he looked at my bags with interest. "What'd you buy?" He asked, his worry from the previous night disguised with curiosity.

"Girl stuff." I shrugged, hoping he wouldn't want to see it.

Instead he just looked at me strangely and continued on fixing himself a cocktail that looked like it was made for a female.

I heard steps from the stairs and turned around, spotting a shirtless Conrad with sex hair, and the redhead and her arm around his waist, perfect hair a mess and clothes all wrinkled. I held back another feeling that was bound to come and instead focused my attention on the woman coming out of the bathroom.

"Carol!" I cried in excitement, running into her arms. I haven't seen her in so long, she had always been the sister I've always wanted. She used to take me out to eat, to the movies, shopping, and we'd throw surprise parties for Xav plenty times together. She was my bestfriend at one point.

And dear god she was gorgeous. With a tiny body and pretty shoulder length brown hair all the time, girly and precious jewelry all the time my brother had given her. Her eyes were hazel, and the thing I loved about her relationship with Xavier was when they were together, both their eyes turned a beautiful shade of green.

"Look at you, grown ass woman." Carol chuckled. I gave her a smile. "Sorry I haven't been around more often, work can be a pain in the ass." She chuckled and wrapped an arm around me.

I looked happily over to Xavier to see him giving Conrad a not-very-happy look as he led his Barbie out. The happiness suddenly bolted and was replaced by an evil monster, the color of my obvious eyes.

When Conrad came back in Xavier got on him. "You idiot, do you not have your own house to shag her?" He yelled, jumping on Conrad while they fell to the floor. Carol and I ran around the bar to see Xav on top of Conrad hitting him in he face with couch pillows.

"Zave, get off of me!" Conrad grumbled with a low voice. That was the first time I ever heard Conrad call Xavier by a nickname. It was adorable, and I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. He shot me a glare and tried pushing off my brother. "I'm sorry, jesus! It was an in-the-moment thing." He said carelessly. The took another shot to my mood. They were having a moment? Of course he would want her, she was a woman.

Xavier let out a sarcastic laugh. "You, Conrad Grimmie? Having a moment with a female? You don't have a heart, asshole!"

Conrad rolled his eyes as if he's heard it plenty of times. And suddenly they were fine. Xavier stood over Conrad giving him a hand, which he took, getting up. Xav gave him a pat on he back with a smirk. I was so confused. That was like a two second fight! "Just don't fuck anybody in my room anymore." Xavier said with a playful, yet serious tone.