Butterfly Kisses

"Macy..." Conrad groaned my name. For some horrifying reason it was such a desired sound at the moment I let out a noise as if I were dreaming about him. I was half asleep, so I didn't bother with an excuse for myself. "Uh.. Wake up.." He said again. "Goddammit Mace, fucking wake up!" He said slamming my door repetitively. 

"Ugh." I cried out in anger. "What the hell is your problem I don't have to wake up early anymore." I said sitting up reaching over my bed for my pants. 

He only glared at me with a sneer. "If you've forgotten, you have a date this morning. Sorry I don't want you to be late." He reminded, but obviously didn't care at all.

Oh shit Mark. I immediately jumped out of bed and ripped my top off, half aware of Conrad at the door way but too busy in thinking about Mark to care. I slipped in a t-shirt and grabbed my . jeans, but before getting them on I turned to see Conrad's face inches from mine. It then came to my attention his lack of shirt, and I allowed myself to take a glance for a second. His tattoo on his side with thorns and roses. The name Matthew written delicately across his side. "Can I help you?" I managed to get out. 

"Don't forget you owe me for not going." He growled. 

"Sure," I muttering, shoving him away. 

He glared at me again before leaving my room and then I was convinced we'd never be okay with each other. 

... 

On my drive to Mark's I felt my nerves getting tangled up and swimming carelessly creating beautiful butterflies in my stomach. The familiar ones I got when Mark would smile at me. Or greet me. Or pay attention to me. How was it going to be now that we would be alone? Maybe Conrad should have come... No, 

Hell no. 

I can do this without that prick. 

I took a deep breath and knocked on his door getting more familiar fluttering beauties. Before I could let all the negative thoughts cloud me, the door opened to show Mark's mom, Denise. 

"Hey!" She hugged me tightly, stroking my hair in the process. "Wow you're... You're a woman." She shook her head in surprise and I could tell what was going on in her intelligent mind of hers. "Damn I'm old!" She was, but surely didn't act on it one bit. 

"You look good, Mrs. Carroll!"  

"Stop you're too sweet." Denise said, motioning me in.  

I entered and saw a sleepy Mark skipping down the stairs. He saw me and smiled. The butterflies turned stupid, thinking if they'd flutter harder they'd go some place. "Morning Macy." He said and gave me a breathtaking embrace. Then greeted his mom with a kiss on her temple. 

"Hey." I said hiding all my stupid nerves. 

"Sorry I forgot to set my alarm this morning." He scratched his head with a chuckle. Oh goodness he laughed. 

"Bullshit, you were up for an hour trying to find something to wear." His mother said to me and smiled at her son's blushing face. "Sometimes he's like a teenager all over again."  

I couldn't suppress the quiet giggle and I looked at Mark, confidence building up in me. I raised an eyebrow at him and felt giddy at the thought of him concerned enough about this date as much as I was. He only grinned at me and followed me to his kitchen.  

Nothing had really changed. Chicken themed, still. Little glass roosters filled with sugar and creamer on the dining table. Rooster printed place mats underneath two big plates of food. I took a seat in my old usual seat and Mark did the same and sat across from me. It was like old times but completely different because it was just the two of us. Usually we had Xavier and my cousin with us or Mark's ex-girlfriend.