CHAPTER 28: LIFE GOES ON

*SKYLAR'S POV*

I hadn't been going to school for days because luckily for me after my huge yelling session in the cafeteria, I developed a stomach bug from the chicken I ate.

I avoided Rachel's, Matt's, Peyton's and Cameron's phone calls, texts and Skype requests due to embarrassment and depression. Luckily for me, Savannah also wasn't going to school because someone started a rumour that she was pregnant and someone even made posters with a cartoon drawing of Savannah looking at the belly saying, "What do I do with it?" .

"Sky. Matt's here." my mom said peaking through the door. "Tell him I moved to Canada." I said while I shimmied under the cover. "Okay, Matt she moved to Canada." my mom said laughing. "Okay, I guess I'll just leave then." I heard Matt's voice say. "You let him in?!" I yelled whipping the cover off of my body. "Yes! You need to talk to someone sweetie." she softly and walked away from the door.

Matt stepped into the bedroom and closed the door softly behind. "I saw Savannah sulking on the couch..." he said sitting on the edge of my bed. "It's hectic." Matt chuckled. I sat up on my bed and looked at Matt straight-faced.

"Babe, talk to me." Matt said reaching his hand to mine. "No... I don't wanna talk about anything." I said bitterly. "Fine. That's fair. For the record, no one at school cares about your little outburst." he said. "Shocker." I whispered by that time my laptop, which was not closed was buzzing like crazy but I knew it was probably Cameron or Peyton so I ignored it.

"Are you gonna get that?" Matt asked pointing at my laptop. "No." I said. "Okay, then I'll get it." Matt said grabbing the laptop. "Matt, no!" I shouted at him but he had already accepted the Skype request.

"Hello. Sky, you there?" I heard Cameron's voice and I got chills. "Umm no. it's her boyfriend, Matt." Matt said pulling the laptop closer to him. "Matt, give me the laptop, now!" I yelled. "Her boyfriend? Skylar, what is he talking about?" Cameron said softly, I could literally hear the pain in his voice. "Matt! Give me the laptop!" I shouted, wrestling the laptop out of his hands. I managed to get it out of his hands and onto my lap.

"Matt, get out!" I screamed pointing furiously at the door. "Babe...*sigh*. I'll text you later I guess." he said walking out of the bedroom. "Cameron, you there?" I said looking at the blacked out screen. "Cameron?" I said frantically. "Cameron?!" I said practically crying. I assumed he logged off while I was still wrestling Matt for the laptop.

I sent him a Skype request Immediately and sat patiently on my bed waiting for him to accept. "Hello?" said a girl with dark hair on Cameron's Skype. "Ummm. Hi. Is Cameron there?" I said. "Umm no. He's on set at the moment." the girl said. "Oh okay. Please tell him to call me later." I said. "No, unfortunately I can't. You are distracting Cameron! He needs to focus on his career and you are slowing him down!" the girl said pointing at me on the screen.

I was shocked, what was she even talking about? "Excuse me?" I said. "You heard me! Cameron is heading for the top and he's leaving you at the bottom, DEAL WITH IT!" she shouted at me. "What the fuck?! Cameron loves me-" I yelled. "Cameron doesn't know what love is. No one knows what love is. Buh-bye now!" she said logging off.

I shut my laptop off and put it on the side table. I didn't cry, I was tired of crying. I'm pretty sure I could run a bath with all the tears I cried. I sat on the edge of the bed and buried my face in my heads, just trying to keep my breathing in control.

"You okay?" Savannah said walking into the room and sitting on her bed. "Yeah, you?" I said not lifting my head. "Yeah. I think I'm ready to back to school again." she said. "What?!" I said lifting my head. "Yeah. I mean I have to go back anyway, life goes on." she said. "What about the posters and rumours?" I asked. "Exactly, they're rumours. I know the truth and that's all that matters." she said.

My eyebrows almost touched my hair line because I was so shocked. I had never seen that side of Savannah before, a vulnerable side. "Umm. Wow, I'm shocked. Honestly. You're right." I barely managed to say. I know that Savannah had a good point but I just wanted to disappear for a while. I knew deep down inside I'd have to get my life in control. With or without Cameron.