CHAPTER 20: NEVER GIVE UP

*CAMERON'S POV*

I was doing some last minute packing on Saturday evening, our flight to LA was postponed so we were going to leave on Sunday morning. I tried to tell Skylar but she wasn't answering her phone. All I wanted was to spend one more day with my one true love.

I was trying to keep busy by looking for things I still might want to take with me, like light bulbs, toilet seats and maybe even door handles. Jokes.

I walked past the living room on my way to the kitchen when I saw Tina sniffling and drinking, she looked like she was crying. "Clau- I mean Tina." I stuttered; darn Maya! "Are you okay..." I asked slowly. "Don't let her go Cameron." she blurted out still crying. "Who?" I asked. "Skylar, you nuglet!" she snapped. "She really loves you, I could see it in her eyes. You might not ever find anyone who loves you as much as she does. Don't make the same mistakes I did Cammie, please." she said sobbing at this point.

I was shocked, I never thought creepy Aunt Tina would actually say something that makes sense! But she was right, I wasn't trying hard enough to get Skylar back before I left. I looked at Tina sobbing and thought that's probably how Skylar feels.

We're leaving the house to Tina because we figured she probably needed it more but I think she probably needs a good therapist and a lot of wine.

I love Skylar and I wasn't giving up on her just yet.