Part Twenty Two - "Feeling better?"

[A/N: Hi everyone, I've decided to keep this chapter short and will have the whole next chapter as the meet up with Tan as it was longer than I expected! enjoy!
- Kate 💜🔥]

———————————————————————————
(Chris' POV)

Street had decided to spend the night after Tan's message, even though I'd told him staying with me could make this whole situation worse.

"What if he just decides to turn up here? He'd find us out!", I told Street, running my fingers through my hair, placing my phone down after reading Tan's invitation.

Street moved closer, pulling my hands away from my head, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Chris, he obviously already knows, what's the difference if he approaches us now or in the morning?", he pointed out.

I huffed at his reasoning, removing my hands from his and made my way into the bathroom. I'd needed to take a hot shower, and clear my head, but also overthink about all the ways this meet up could go.

When I finally exited the bathroom half an hour later, Street was already laid down in my bed, his clothes still scattered around my living room floor, one arm rested behind his head, the other held his phone above his face.

I stopped myself at the edge of the bed on my vacant side, looking down at Street's face, illuminated by the screen.

His head turned toward me now, taking in my damp hair, tank and shorts.

"Feeling better?", he smirked, placing his phone onto his chest.

I rolled my eyes at his attempted humour. How could he be so cool about this right now?

I pulled the covers back and climbed in next to him.

"I texted Tan back, said I'd see him there", Street told me, placing his arm around my back, drawing me into his side.

I rested my head against his chest, and closed my eyes as Street's hand started to rub gentle circles on my back, "my phone is still in the living room, I'll reply in the morning".

I felt Street's lips pass over my forehead, placing a kiss before he asked, "you going to sleep already? You don't want to talk about what's going to happen?".

Squeezing my arm tighter around his waist, snuggling in further, "I don't want to think about it anymore or I won't be able to sleep".

I could feel Street's chest move beneath me as he took in a deep breath. I knew he was beginning to stress over this as well, it felt as though he was just trying to remain calm for me.

If Tan knows about us, it won't be long before the whole team does. As soon as we are out, we're gonna be separated from the team. Everything was going to change.

My breathing slowed, the exhaustion of the whole day setting in and blanketing my thoughts enough to allow me some semblance of sleep, while my brain just wanted to run in overdrive.

"Chris?...", Street whispered after a few moments, trying to find out if I had already fallen asleep.

"Mmm?", I managed.

He took in another deep breath beneath me, his hand moved from my back to my waist, his embrace the only thing holding me together right now.

"No matter what happens tomorrow and whatever might change at work....I love you and I'm not going anywhere".

I couldn't help but smile at his words. Those same words we'd only confessed to each other an hour ago. The words that had almost had this night ending differently before we received that text message from Tan.

I don't ever think I'll get over the feeling that takes hold of me every time he tells me he loves me. Knowing he was going to be here, no matter what goes down tomorrow, had my thoughts finally finding peace.

"I love you too", I whispered back to him, letting his warmth and love lull me into slumber.

———————————————————————————

[hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! 🔥]

P.S - ALSO how cool is the announcement that Lina gets to direct 5x15 and Ryan wrote it!!! 🙌🏼🔥