Part Thirteen - The Reception

A/N: HEY EVERYBODY, ONE WEEK TIL SWAT RETURNS!! This chapter is a massive one (the biggest I've ever written) cause there was so much I wanted to fit in at the wedding and I will most likely have to write another chapter to finish the reception scenes!
I'm still reeling over Lina sharing my Stris video edit on Twitter I was literally dying and still am 😭😭😭
Please enjoy this chapter! 💜🔥
- Kate 😘😘
——————————————————————————
(Chris POV)

Tan was now stood at the wooden framed altar, Bonnie's Uncle placed just behind him, who had offered to be the pretend marriage celebrant, to 'officiate' their already official marriage.

Flower covered vines wrapped around the altar, that created a calm, colourful atmosphere.

Tan had a small lilac flower pinned to the lapel of his slim fit black tux.

Tan's face turned from a nervous grimace into a love struck little boy at the sound of Bonnie's entrance music.

Everyone's eyes then found Bonnie as she exited the venues main building out into the garden and slowly made her way to the altar to meet Tan.

Bonnie wore a beautiful white long sleeve lace dress, with a train that flowed gracefully behind her as she moved. The brightest smile formed on her face, happy tears evidently forming in her eyes, her arm hooked around her father's.

Tan was one lucky man. I'm glad he was able to find his person and to promise to be with them forever. They both deserved each other.

As Bonnie made her way past the second row, my eyes had caught a few women across the opposite aisle, gazes fixated on our row for a few moments as Bonnie's father was preparing her to stand with Tan.

Well, on one particular person at the end of our row.

With a quick glance from the women to Street and back, I realised that Street hadn't taken any notice of them. A grin plastered to his face while he watched the happy couple in front of him.

Although I was used to seeing women try to hit on Street throughout the years I'd known him, it was a completely different feeling now.

I couldn't help the small turn I'd felt in my stomach at the idea of having to see Street be flirted with for the rest of the evening by most likely drunken women and the fact that there was probably nothing I could do about it.

My eyes found their way back to the altar as Bonnie's Uncle began to welcome everyone to the newlywed's special day.

Once he had thanked and welcomed the crowd, he then continued to read out a poem about friendship and love that Bonnie and Tan had picked to be shared.

The words were so powerful, it did spring a tear to my eyes, beautiful words for a beautiful couple.

I felt Street stir next to me as Bonnie and Tan continued through their personal vows they had written. His right arm had moved to rest on the back of my chair, his shoulder just touched my own.

I relaxed back into my seat without realising, too wrapped up in the lovely ceremony and I glanced at Street out of the corner of my eye, his grin still wide, those gorgeous dimples on full display.

Street thought his dimples made him look goofy, but I think they were one of my favourite things about him.

As the couple completed their vows, Bonnie's Uncle then introduced to the guests the newlyweds as Mr and Mrs Tan and asked the groom to now kiss his bride.

The crowd roared with applause and the 20 David team stood to holler and loudly congratulate their team mate which made Tan blush from embarrassment as he held his wife close to him, shaking his head at the second row with a grin.