Part Two: Chapter XXII

GOLMUD, CHINA
AUGUST 5, 3065

"Wait, wait, wait," Starlight said. "Let me see if I've got this straight. You left Tao to fight the battle and while you were traveling with Jonghyun, you came across an ancient chinese temple and awoke the dragon which is Thunder here?" She gestured to the blonde boy who was collecting firewood. Thunder just smiled at her. "And it turns out that Thunder is you mate? And you're his rider? This is the weirdest thing ever."

"Don't judge!" Chanyeol pouted. "What if I made fun of you when you found your mate? How would you have felt then?"

Starlight gave him the "really?" face and rolled her eyes. "Chanyeol, I'm only sixteen. I haven't found my mate yet. And I've still got a couple years before I have to start looking."

Chanyeol looked confused. "What? I thought that you and Kai...." He saw Starlight's disgusted face and looked away. "Sorry. Nevermind."

"Hey, it's fine. Kai is just my friend, okay? Actually, I don't even know if he is even that. He's just someone I force myself to get along with because my brother wants me to. Otherwise, I would have nothing to do with him." Chanyeol nodded in understanding and Starlight stared into the campfire by her feet. She knew she was lying. Kai was her friend, and sometimes he was alright, but she wasn't lying about the mate thing. She would never date Kai! She looked up at Chanyeol after awhile of silence and smirked. "So I see you haven't marked eachother yet."

Chanyeol blushed. "We haven't exactly had time for that yet...."

Starlight chuckled and stood up. "Well, I think I'm gonna sleep in the forest a little ways so you guys will have the campfire to yourself. Have fun!" She wiggled her eyebrows and skipped off into the forest.

Chanyeol turned bright red. "CALL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!"

"I WILL!"

"Where is she going?" Thunder asked while coming back with more firewood.

Chanyeol shrugged. "I don't know. But she'll be back by morning."

*******

Chanyeol watched Thunder as he was tying his cot to two trees. Thunder's muscular back caused his tight shirt to ripple in mezmorizing ways, and Chanyeol found himself lost in a trance while studying his mate.

Thunder was humming to himself and his sweet voice made Chanyeol's heart pound. "Chanyeol, stop staring," Thunder chuckled. "You're making me blush."

Chanyeol smiled and stood up. He walked over and backhugged Thunder, resting his chin on the blonde boy's shoulder. "Oh really?" he murmured. "But isn't that a good thing?" He studied Thunder's slightly pink cheeks and chuckled. He breathed in deeply, enjoying Thunder's amazing scent.

Thunder pouted. "Why are you laughing at me?"

"Oh honey!" Chanyeol gently cupped his cheek and turned his head to look at him. "I'm not laughing at you, I'm just happy to be with you."

"Oh..." Thunder smiled a little and looked down shyly.

Chanyeol blushed as a thought entered his mind. "Hey um, Thunder? D-do you mind if I um, mark you?"

Thunder's head snapped upwards and a bright smile lit up his face. His eyes twinkled in happiness. "I've been waiting for you to ask!"

Chanyeol smiled widely. "So is that a yes?"

"Only on one condition. I get to mark you at the same time."

Chanyeol smirked. "I think I could work that out." They locked eyes and Chanyeol turned Thunder to face him so that they were chest to chest. Chanyeol hugged Thunder's waist tightly and breathed on the shorter boy's neck. Thunder giggled and pecked Chanyeol's neck, causing Chanyeol's inner wolf to want to howl in happiness and excitement. "You ready my dragon?"

"Ready as ever my wolf."

Chanyeol sank his sharp teeth into Thunder's milky skin as Thunder gently slid his teeth into Chanyeol's neck. The sensation caused both boys to go weak in the knees and they almost fell. Chanyeol slowly pulled his teeth away and gently licked up Thunder's blood, healing the wound. Thunder did the same to Chanyeol.

They crashed down on the pine needles and grass once they were finished, their arms and legs entangled. Thunder giggled and blushed cutely while Chanyeol rubbed his cheeks. "I love you," Chanyeol murmured.

Thunder gasped and stared at Chanyeol with wide, happy eyes. "I love you too."

Chanyeol pulled Thunder close and buried his face in the younger boy's neck. "Mine," he announced to noone in particular.

Thunder giggled. "Forever and always."

They fell asleep in eachother's arms and woke up to the smell of Starlight cooking breakfast on the campfire. Chanyeol sat up and rubbed his eyes while Thunder curled up in his lap and fell back asleep. Starlight giggled and smirked. "Morning. Have fun last night?"

Chanyeol blushed and frowned, looking away. "Whatever. Shut up."

Starlight just laughed and finished making breakfast.