Part One: Chapter II

LOS ALAMOS, NEW MEXICO
APRIL 1, 1920

Starlight woke up with a throbbing headache. As she slowly sat up, bright, clean light streamed through her cracked eye lids. She slowly opened them more and saw a dry feild of tall grass all around her. "Where am I?" she thought.

"Get off my face!" Xumin mumbled, causing Starlight to realize that she had been sitting on her brother's face this whole time.

She jumped up quickly and bowed in apology. "I'm sorry oppa!" She stood up straight and looked around. There weren't any trees from what she could see and it looked like a desert in the distance. "Oppa? Where are we? And were are the others?"

Xiumin stood up slowly, sore from laying on the hard ground, and dusted himself off. "I don't know. We may have been scattered across the earth. It was probably best for us all to go at once." He glared at his sister and she looked down slowly.

"What oppa? Please don't look at me like that...."

Xiumin sighed and hugged her gently. "It's okay. But I feel like you would've been safer if you had stayed there. Why were they chasing you anyways?"

"I was kinda spying on them..."

Xiumin chuckled. "My little sister! Always looking for an adventure! Well, first thing is first. Before we save the planet, we have to gather everyone together. So, that being said, we need to figure out where we are by finding a town."

"Like, over the next hill?"

"Yeah, a town could be anywhere. So we just have to start walking."

"No, oppa. You misunderstand. There is literally a town over the next hill."

"Oh...well then....Let's go there!"