Part Three: Chapter XXVIII

SŌSAN, SOUTH KOREA
JANUARY 7, 2014

Kai had spent all of yesterday and all night tearing around in the forest, only to come back with his clothes tattered and a dirty face. "Have fun throwing a temper tantrum?" a smooth and silky voice asked as he was walking back to the dojo.

Kai stopped and turned towards the sound of that familiar voice. When he saw her gardening and smiling gently at him, his eyes nearly popped out of his skull. "NO WAY!!"

She chuckled and stood up as he ran over and hugged her small frame tightly. "Hello my child," she said as she gladly hugged him back and rested her head on his shoulder.

Tears filled Kai's eyes as he held his mother tightly. "How? Why? What are you doing here?"

Alba smiled gently. "Well honey? Who do you think delievered the message to the Immortals. They didn't have email back then."

Kai chuckled as tears slipped past his eyes. "I'm so glad you're here mom! But dad..."

Alba pulled out of the hug and nodded sadly. "I know son. Your father has been locked away in a tower, along with Starlight's father and the other Alphas."

"I kept Star safe mom, just like I promised. And she doesn't know who I am yet. Noone does."

"But you fell in love with her? Didn't you?"

"No....maybe? I don't know...."

"That's why it hurt so much when she said that if would be better if you were dead. You know, your eighteenth birthday is coming up soon. Your wolf will be yearning for it's mate more than ever."

"D-do you think it's her?"

"It's possible. I mean, and alpha's child mated with another alpha's child. It's pretty common."

"But mom! She's only 16!"

"Then you'll have to be patient, won't you?"

"How could she be my mate if she hates me?"

Alba cupped her son's cheek and smiled gently. "I used to hate your father. Sometimes, I still do, but not in the same way. He chased me for three years and it was sooooo annoying! But on my eighteenth birthday, everything changed. And your father became my whole world."

"Really?" Alba nodded. "But mom....how will I know if it's truly her?"

"Well, you've already started to feel something, but trust me. You'll know."

Kai hugged her tightly again. "Thanks mom. I'm so glad you're here. I won't ever let you out of might sight ever again! I....I.....I thought you were dead." He broke down sobbing and Alba sobbed with him.