Chapter Eight

*narrators pov*
The avengers were back from the mission, and sitting in the lounge of the compound.
"Do you think she's going to be ok?" Steve asked, as he looked at the door of the room you were in.
They heard a scream come from the room.
"Are you kidding? Do you think he's going to be ok?" Sam replied.
The door opened, and Bucky walked out.
"JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!"
The door slammed shut for a second, before y/n swung it open again and stormed out the room after him.

-flashback to the mission-

The jet landed and everyone got off. You were last, after Bucky.
He turned before you had the chance to step off. "Stay here."
"No."
"Yes! Stark said I'm in charge of you."
"I don't care." You pushed past him and followed the rest of the avengers. He grabbed your arm but you just shrugged him off.
———
You entered the building, and started searching with the others.
Bucky followed you into a room.
You checked it, but there was nothing there so you turned to leave. Bucky stood in the doorway.
"What is your problem?" You frowned at him.
"You're going to get yourself hurt."
"No I'm not" you tried to walk past him, but he put his hand in front of your chest.
"This is for the best" he said as he pushed you back into the room and shut the door.
You heard the lock click.
You got up and ran back to the door.
"BUCKY!" You banged on the door, but it wouldn't budge.
"Sorry doll" he said from the other side.
"YOU SON OF A BITCH! OPEN THE DOOR!"
Gunshots fired.
You stepped back and kicked your leg at the door. It swung open, the lock was weak, and you turned down the hallway.
Bucky was fighting off at least four guys.
Bang.
Bang.
Bang.
Bang.
Four shots, and you didn't miss a single one. The agents fells down around Bucky. He looked at you, then ran off around a corner.
"I'm gonna kill him" you muttered to yourself, and ran after him.
An agent approached you from behind, grabbing your shoulder. Without stopping or turning back, you cocked your gun and shot him in the head.
Bucky looked and saw, and he rolled his eyes at you.
He could tell by your expression, you were pissed.
He ignored you, and ran off. You lost him.
———
You found Peter.
"Come on. It's done. Let's go back to the jet." He put his arm around your waist and pulled you in close. He started swinging with you through the building.
———
You got to the jet and saw Bucky standing with Sam, and started to march towards him.
Natasha stopped you in your tracks. "Hey y/n! You did it. Your first mission."
"Nice work kid" Stark came over to praise you too.
They got in your way, so you waited until you were on the jet to talk to Bucky. People kept stopping you, talking to you.
———
By the time you got back to the compound, you were really mad. You wanted to scream.
Bucky got off the jet first. Really pissed now, you stormed after him, grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. You marched through the compound to the lounge, when he finally stopped you.
He went to one of the doors, and opened it for you.
Once the door was closed and you were in private, you screamed at him.
"WHAT THE FUCK BUCKY?"
He sat back in a chair and didn't say anything.
"What the HELL were you thinking?"
"I was thinking, you would be safe."
"I was safe! I was fine! So what WERE YOU DOING?"
"Stark told me to protect you. That's what I did."
You laughed. "REALLY?! It seems to me, I was the one who ended up protecting you. Even after you LOCKED ME IN A ROOM!"
"I was fine. I was handling it. You were putting yourself in danger." Bucky's calm tone was so infuriating.
"OH MY GOD!" you screamed.
He stood up from his chair. "I've had enough of this." He opened the door and walked out.
"JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" You marched out the door after him.
When you caught up to him, you pulled his hand back and he spun around.
You punched him across the face.
"Oh my god."
"Wow."
"Nice hit."
The avengers were in the lounge when you walked in, but you ignored them.
Bucky touched his lip, and looked at the blood on his finger.
He licked his lips and stared down at you.
"What was that for?"
Staring back at him, you didn't answer.
"I was doing what I was told to do" he argued.
"I didn't need a FUCKING BABYSITTER!" you yelled.
"YES YOU DID. BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST A STUPID LITTLE TEENAGER!" He spat in your face, and you slapped him.
"Ok, maybe cool it on the violence" Steve started.
It was too late.
Bucky slapped you back, and had pinned you back against the wall.
You kneed him in the stomach, and stamped down on his foot. When he backed up, you raised your foot and kicked him onto the floor.
Before he got up, you went for another hit, but you felt your hand stick against the wall.
You looked at Peter, pointing his web shooter at you, and his head tilted.
With your free hand, you grabbed a knife out of your pocket and cut off the web, slightly grazing your palm in the process. The whole time you did this, you didn't lose eye contact with Peter.
Bucky had stood up and you turned back to look at him.
Shaking the blood of your hand, you approached him.
The angered look on your face inspired the avengers to jump into action. Before they got to you, though, you had reached Bucky.
But before you had the chance to do anything, he grabbed you and pressed his lips against yours.
At first, you stepped away in shock. Then you pulled back towards him and kissed him back.
Your hands ran through his hair as his stroked your back.
He smelt so good, and the kiss felt like heaven. God, you missed this.
You jumped up and wrapped your legs around him as he held your waist.
He carried you out the room, lips still locked together.
The door closed behind you.
The avengers stared, dumbfounded.
"What just happened?" Stark asked.
"I have no idea" Nat responded.