Your Loss

"Is that everything you wanted to know?" Tammy asked with an annoyed look plastered onto her dirty face which desperately needed a wash.
"That was... A lot." Elijah said, a little shell shocked on how closely Meg and Christian were related. It also made sense on why he went for Meg's blood family instead of Mr. Salis and Madam Elanor. Elijah sighed.
"No wonder she would never mention his name to me..." he recalled from when he asked her once when she was recovering from the execution attempt.
...
"So, what you are saying is that the assassins found out that you were here and tried to use this whole incident to kill you?" Elijah asked, raising an eyebrow.
"That seems to be what has happened. I know for a fact that they are smart enough to pull this kind of stunt." she looked down. "I know that with you defending me your father wouldn't have tried to execute me but when the guards suddenly came to my cell and took me up to the tower... I kinda felt like they played a key role.". She explained.
"So... You killed the boss right?" Elijah asked.
"Yes... Why?" she paused, confusion only visible in her eyes based on the condition of the rest of her face.
"What kind of relationship did you have with him?" Elijah asked, causing Meg to look down, refusing to make eye contact with him which led Elijah to believe that she knew something.
"What's his name?" Elijah asked, causing Meg to look back up at the prince but instead of being sad or scared, her eyes were filled with rage. He could tell that all she could see was red.
"We don't talk about him." her voice growled. "Ever."
She took in the prince's expression, noticing how he looked slightly scared at how she was reacting to the question so she quickly toned it down so as to not cause a scene in the medical room.
"I'm sorry Elijah, that came out a little too violent... It's just..." she took a deep breath and clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white from the strain from her muscles in her fists.
"I promised I would never say that asshole's name ever again."
...
"Wait... So you knew her as well?" Alexander asked, kneeling in front of Tammy.
"I did." she stated and then looked up at Elijah.
"See Elijah? You weren't her only childhood best friend." Tammy said, making Elijah huff.
"Okay yeah, as if." He said, clearly upset which made Tammy smirk at just the mention of her name was making him jealous.
"Oh yeah. We did EVERYTHING together! We went to the festival together, ate together, played together, basically all the things you couldn't do." HA!" she said, not actually caring about her past with Meg but more or less throwing Elijah off.
"Now listen you little-" Elijah got cut off by Theo who put his hand on his shoulder.
"Prince. If we are going to find her then you are going to have to put your jealousy aside. Save it for later okay? I was told what happened last time when you became jealous. Do you really want a repeat of that?" Theo asked.
"No..." The prince mumbled.
"Exactly. If we focus on the problem at hand instead of letting our emotions get the better of us, we will get this done." Theo stated, taking his hand off Elijah's shoulder and he looked down at Tammy.
"Is there anything else that could be of value?" Theo asked. "Where is it?"
"And why would I tell you, pretty boy?" she said with a smirk, making Theo look down at her with an intimidating look, almost enough to scare her.
"Because how are you gonna get your freedom if you do not tell us everything you know?" Theo asked, kneeling down in front of her.
"Ugh. Fine!" she gave in. She didn't want to be in chains anymore than she absolutely had to. She remembers Meg's promise to her.
"The hideout is far into the woods. Specifically on the North West side of the woods. You will be able to tell where it is by when the path ends. You will then go into the forest where the path leads off. You will come across a wall of bushes. Be careful when you do. If you peek in and there are tents, you have made it. If you are going by horse, keep them hidden. They do not allow horses." she stated. "I don't know why they have that rule but it is new.".
"Okay, thank you for the information Tammy." Alexander said, walking away, beckoning Elijah and Theo to follow him, in which Tammy yelled out to them as they were walking away.
"Wait!"
"Yes?" the prince responded.
"What about my clean clothes and meal?"
"You'll get your meal. We will send down a maid in ten minutes!" Elijah yelled back, all of them walking out in silence. Alexander broke that silence.
"Okay. Now that we have the information we need, we need to come up with a plan. It will take a bit, but we have to get a hold of all the staff and make sure the king and queen know what is going to happen. The preparation for the knights and guards might take a couple days. Do you think she could wait out that long?" Alexander stated.
"A couple days?!" Elijah yelled.
"This is the best option, the most likely to work." Alexander said. "If this is going to work right, we need to get the troops prepared with the right equipment because these people aren't like the other knights and guards. They fight very differently and even though they do not have armour, they are stronger and more agile than our men, they also have different types of weapons that we do not have. Meg said there are a lot of them, so we need to be careful because they are not going to be all together in one place. There are going to be some of them in the forest. Meg said it was usually deep into the forest but I guess things have changed. Meg is strong, and she is smart. She should be okay for a bit.".
Elijah sighed.
"You're right, but we have to hurry because I don't want her to get hurt."
. . .