Please come home

Elijah's face turned complete white at the sight of his beloved just staring at him and Lucinda. He quickly pushed Lucinda off of him causing her to stumble into a nearby table. He started walking towards Meg in which she retaliated by backing away.

    "Meg! Wait! Please, It's not what it looks like!" he claimed. She stopped in her tracks, anger and depression shining through her gaze.

    "Not what it looks like?" she turned around to face him.

    "Elijah. I asked you to stay away from her and you specifically didn't, now if you had to be near her for some reason, you could have just told me but you didn't. I have walked in on multiple instances of you and Lucinda doing something touchy but I ignored it because I trusted you! I saw you two dancing yesterday. I saw the way you looked at her. I don't even remember the last time we danced together, Elijah. Do you?"

    He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He quickly shut it. He tried his best to think of something to say but he couldn't focus due to the situation at hand.

    "Does she have something I don't? Maybe because she is prettier than me? Richer than me? Smarter than me? Kinder than me? Calmer than me? Maybe she has a better sense of humor than me!". Her voice started raising as she listed off more and more reasons. Elijah, taken aback was getting nervous at what was going to happen next.

    "No! Of course not Meg! Please just listen!" He tried walking forward more when Lucinda grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back.

    "You know Elijah, she is right. Forget her! Pick someone who is actually good enough for you, not some dumb, scarred up, blonde disgrace of a human being.". Elijah gave Lucinda a death glare and violently shook her off of his arm.

    "Please! You need to trust me!" he begged, she crossed her arms.

    "I don't know if I can anymore!". These words made Elijah's heart drop and shatter, his mind going blank.

    "I didn't even jump to conclusions! Every time I saw you two I HOPED I could trust you enough to stop. I somewhat assumed that maybe you had to be around her and act like that for your father so I naturally blew it off, but when I saw you two dancing yesterday... The way you looked at her... it's the same way you looked at me. I guess I'm just not enough for you." Meg looked at Lucinda and pointed to her, getting her attention.

    "Turns out you were right Lucinda... I should have listened to you.". Meg turned around and started walking away, but turned her head before walking off, rage and sadness in her voice.

    "Have fun with your new girlfriend.". She ran off. Upon hearing this, Elijah went sprinting after her, attempting to reason with her. As she walked towards her room, Elijah got more and more nervous as she approached the door. He kept trying to talk, but Meg couldn't hear a thing he was saying due to her mind being overblown with anger.

    When they reached her room, she slammed the doors open, not realizing Elijah followed her while trying to reason. She went up to her wardrobe and grabbed one of her old outfits. She pulled off her Emerald green dress and replaced it with a cream colored blouse and chocolate brown pants. She took off her heels and slid on tall black boots in which he tucked her pants into. She grabbed a satchel from her wardrobe and started shoving other pieces of clothing into it, not even putting it in with any care. She swung the hangers with dresses to the side of the closet to reveal a small box waiting to be opened. When she opened it, it was revealed that there were two daggers. Straight blades that had great support. Their handles were black and had gold vines, just like her lucky one. The pommel had a phoenix on it and the blades were meant to last.