In Need of a Miracal

"Meg?" Elijah asked, panic settling in his voice. He shook her body, trying to bring any life back into her. He took two fingers and pressed them to her neck.
She had a pulse.
A small wave of relief washed over the prince when he felt the slow pulse that meant she was still alive, but that went away as soon as it came. Elijah looked around, calling for someone, when Alexander came running from a corner, quickly looking over the situation.
"Elijah? You're alive!" he said with a smile, then looking down to see who was resting in his lap.
"Is that... Meg?" he asked, then realizing that it was indeed her.
"Elijah! What the hell happened?!" Alexander yelled, kneeling down to Meg, feeling her head for any warmth at all.
"Alexander! Thank god you are here. There is no time to explain right now. What we need is to get Meg back to the castle immediately, without much bumps." Elijah quickly said, trying to get his point across as fast he could. Alexander nodded, showing that he understood. He picked up Meg and motioned for the prince to follow him. He ran to a wood cart that was strapped to a black horse. The bottom of it was padded with straw. Elijah Opened it, and climbed inside. Alexander then gave Meg to Elijah and shut the gate. He yelled out that he was rushing back to the castle and that he found the prince, boarding the large horse, he sprinted back to the castle.

Though the ride was on the shorter side due to the sprinting horse, it felt like it took days to get back to the palace. With every bump on the trail they followed, Elijah just held her closer, putting even more pressure on the wound. The wooden cart leaving splinters in the prince's arms but he could barely feel the large pieces of oak wood lodged into his skin.

Her skin was consistently becoming more and more pale as they traveled down the trail. The humid air caused sweat droplets to fall from his forehead. Alexander strayed all his focus to the horse, and the way back to the palace. Elijah could feel her very faint breathing on this arm becoming slower and slower. He started panicking even more, shaking her even more to keep her alive not even knowing if it would work. He kept yelling at Alexander to go faster to the point where Alexander had to yell back at him to stop so he could focus on where he was going.

After a half hour of sprinting through the forest, they finally made their way to the training grounds, even though horses were not allowed past the training grounds, they ran through anyways. As soon as they made it to the door, the cart door slammed open and Alexander grabbed Meg and ran through the door. Before he could get far he yelled at the prince to go get the castle staff immediately. Elijah nodded, finally listening to Alexander and then ran around alerting everybody and to spread the word.

Alexander ran through the long hallways, blood staining his armor. He took turns through the maze they called the palace, he finally made his way to the medical room. The nurses were startled by the dirty man sprinting through the room and quickly pushing a curtain aside and laying a figure who they could not identify at first glance, down onto a bed, calling all the staff over his side.
...

Elijah was running through the halls, alerting everyone he saw about the situation, and that they do what they can to help immediately. As he continued to run down the hallways, tripping every fifty feet, he ran into his mother who was pacing back and forth with a worried look plastered onto her usually cheerful face. She heard loud footsteps and looked up to see her son running through the hallways. She immediately stopped him in his tracks.

"Elijah?" she asked, Elijah turning around.

"Hi mom." he said, trying to run to get more people, but she stopped him and pulled him into a hug.

"Honey! I was so worried! I thought you were dead! What were you thinking? Putting yourself in danger, you could've died! Why would you run away, leaving no trace of where you were going." she stepped back to look at her son.