Chapter 13: We Need to Celebrate

Danni

I don't know what happened after I fell asleep but when I woke up Zak was playing on the floor with Jaxen. I wanted to take a picture but I didn't have my phone on me. 

"Good morning." He says seeing that I'm awake.

"Morning." I get up to go pee.

"Where are you going?"

"Pee."

I walk down the hallway into the bathroom and of course someone is in there. I knock and find out it's Lucas.

"Rach! I need to use your bathroom. I'm just peeing!" I shout to her.

"Okay! Don't take too long though. Aaron just had bacon and you know how he gets after he eats bacon."

"Hey!" I hear him shout.

This guy gets explosive diarrhea when he eats anything from a pig.

Maybe his body thinks it's cannibalism.

Get it, because he's a pig.

I'm funny.

Laugh at the joke.

When I come to the room to get changed Zak and Jaxen are laying on the bed watching cartoons.

I rummage through my suitcase to find a pair of shorts and a tank top. I went for a pretty casual look today since I don't think we're doing much of anything.

While I was looking through my suitcase I found Zak's sweatshirt. I chuck it at him.

"Here, I meant to give this back to you," I tell him while I start brushing my hair.

"You can keep it. It's kinda gotten too small for me anyway."

"Suit yourself. It's one of the comfiest hoodies I've ever worn."

He just laughs and goes back to watching the TV.

"Get dressed and then we can go eat," I tell him while grabbing Jaxen.

"Jaxen isn't gonna like that."

"You can have him back once you're done changing."

He goes to dressed and comes out in a tee shirt and jean shorts. He takes Jaxen back immediately and we head out to the kitchen.

"Good morning you two." Lucas greets us.

"Morning squirt," I tell him, patting his head.

Zak puts Jaxen in a high chair and sits down next to him. Rach gives us each a plate of eggs and bacon.

"My kid is in love with you." She tells Zak, placing her hand on the back of a chair. "You might just have to move in with us."

Zak laughs.

"I'm not kidding." She says.

"Yes, she is," I tell him.

"Was he good for you guys?" She asks.

"He was great," Zak tells her.

"Good. So since you guys are here for two weeks we have plenty of time to do many things. I know Lucas wants to go to Disney World one of these days but I was figuring for today we can just chill. Aaron and I have to go to work so we'll be gone pretty much all day. So it'll be just you four."

"Lucas and I were planning to go sightseeing today actually." My mom says.

"Okay well then it's just you and Zak, Danni." She says to me.

"That's fine."

"I trust you with my children so we're all good. We have to leave in three minutes ago. When are you guys leaving?"

"In like half an hour," Lucas says.

"Okay, so they normally take a nap around noonish or one so keep that in my mind. They already ate their breakfast but if they get hungry then they can eat some baby food that's in the fridge. Got it?"

"Got it," I told her.

"Okay good, we're headed out now. See you around seven-ish."

"Bye."

***

Mom and Lucas left about five minutes ago. Zak and I are sitting on the couch with Cowen and Jaxen watching some TV. He decided it was best if he started asking me random questions.

"Danni?"

"Hmm?"

"When's your birthday?"

"August eleventh. Yours?"

"October first. So you're sixteen?"

"Mhm."

"Well I'm seventeen so that means I'm better than you."

"True."

"Wait, you just admitted that I'm better than you. Oh my god, this has got to be the best day of my entire life."

I just laugh and roll my eyes.

"We need to celebrate. I'm going to buy a cake. I'll be right back." He grabs my keys and heads out the door.

I look back to the twins. "What are we gonna do with him?" They both just start giggling.

When he comes back he shows me the cake.

"An 'I love you' heart cake?"

"It was all they had plus it looks good."

"It does look good..."

"See? I'm not that dumb. I'll get you a slice."

He comes back with two plates and we sit and watch tv with the twins until it's time for their nap.

We put them into their own pack n play and they fall asleep quickly.

***

Felt like being generous and posting two chapters.

The cake is posted on Instagram: @theredwoodsix

Just so everyone is aware there will be a chapter of them at Disney!

98 words.