Chapter 22: Facetime's Cooler

Zak

 Right now, I'm on my way to pick Danni up so I can fix her car.

Me: I'm omw

Danni 🤠🥰: k, just honk your horn when you get here 🤖

Me: 👍

 I pull into her driveway and honk my horn, she comes out with her keys and phone in her hand.

 "You sure you know how to fix my car? I would do it but we haven't worked on any cars yet in my auto class."

 "Yes, I know how to do it. Don't worry, I've got it."

 "Okay."

***

 "Do you have to be shirtless?" She asks.

 "Don't lie and pretend you don't like it."

 She rolls her eyes but I can see she's trying to fight a smile.

 I go back to working on her car.

 "How long is this gonna take?"

 "How about you just have some patience, Shithead."

 "I am not a shithead."

 "Well, you sure act like it."

 She takes her water bottle and pours some water on me. She sticks her tongue out and starts running.

 I start chasing after her. I catch up to her and tackle her onto the grass.

 I'm hovering right above her. My lips inches from hers.

 She grabs the back of my head and brings my lips closer to hers so that we're kissing.

 She pulls away. "We can go on that date now."

 I just smile and kiss her again.

***

Danni

  I decided that I'm ready for a relationship.

 I hope it doesn't end up being a mistake.

 After the kiss, we just lay in the grass saying what we thought each cloud looked like.

 After about an hour, Zak had my car fixed and I went home.

 Right now, I'm doing some more studying for midterms.

 My sister called earlier and said she'd be coming next week. That means she'll be here for the whole month of December and into January.

 My room is in the basement so she'll get the guest room. The sad thing is my room is right under the guest room so if one of the twins cries, I'll be able to hear it.

 She also told me that Zak better be around when she comes to visit. Her exact words were "that boyfriend of yours better be there. My kid loves him."

 I told her that he most likely will be and that we have a date planned for tomorrow night anyways.

 She freaked out and started saying that she knew that we'd end up together. She told me to call her after school tomorrow too so she can help me pick out an outfit.

 Rachael told Amina and now Amina is on her way to my house.

 I don't know why they're so obsessed with us. They have their own romance lives.

 But whatever.

 She barges into my room demanding I tell her everything.

 "What do you want to know?" I ask.

 "How'd it happen?"

 "It was earlier today and he was fixing my car since it wouldn't start last night. I was getting impatient and he was getting annoyed so I poured water onto him and started running. He started chasing after me. Once he caught up to me, he tackled me into the grass. He was laying on me and I pulled him into a kiss. Then I said that we could go out."

 "Oh my gosh. Okay, where are you going on your date?"

 "I don't know, some restaurant he picked out."

 "Ooh, what are you wearing?"

 "Rachael told me to call her tomorrow so she can help."

 "Add me to the facetime call too."

 "Y'know you could just come over, you live like five minutes away."

 "The facetime is cooler."

***

They're going on a date!

That'll be the chapter after the next one

621 words.