Chapter 34: Birthday Gift

Danni

This school year has been the best school year for me mentally and academically.

"Summer's coming soon. One week left of school." Zak says.

"I know. I can't wait to spend every hour of every day with you." We're sitting on his bed with Arlo, watching cartoons.

Arlo hasn't grown that much to be honest. No matter how much we feed him, he just doesn't gain much weight.

He was ten pounds when we got him and he's only thirty-one pounds now. He's only seven months old. He's still the cutest puppy ever.

I'm his favorite. Every time I come into this house, the little guy pees out of excitement. It's adorable. I only think that because I don't have to clean it up, Zak does.

He's my bitch.

Or as Lucas would say, he's pussy whipped. Although we haven't had sex yet.

We've fooled around sure but he's not ready for that yet.

"I got you a birthday gift," Zak says.

"My birthday's not for another two months."

"It's an early present. You have to open it now so it makes sense."

"Okay..."

"Here. Open it." I do and take out the contents of the box.

"What are these?" I hold them up to him.

"Plane tickets."

"Plane tickets?"

"We're going to Italy. For your birthday." My jaw drops.

"You're joking." He shakes his head. "Italy? For real?" He nods. "No way. Thank you."

He puts his hands on my face. "Happy early birthday, Princess." He gives me a kiss.

Both Zak and I are of Italian descent. We've both wanted to go to Italy for so long. It's beautiful there. I've only ever seen pictures but even the pictures show that it's gorgeous. People say that it's even prettier in person and I can't believe we actually get to go.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it."

He buys me things, I shower him with my love. That's how our relationship works.

Not really.

I wish though.

"How long are we going to be there?"

"We leave August first early in the morning and come back the twenty-ninth late at night. So, one month."

"A whole month in Italy? We are going to have so much fun. I can't wait."

***

Our Italy trip came faster than expected.

We leave tomorrow morning at six in the morning.

It's safe to say, I am bursting with excitement.

"If you don't get to bed soon. You're not gonna be able to wake up in the morning." Zak says from his spot on my bed. I'm sitting at my desk looking at my laptop.

"I'm looking at some fun things for us to do while we're there. Since we're staying in Venice, obviously, we have to go to the Grand Canal. There are so many things we can do and see. I hope I packed enough..."

"I have plenty of things planned for us, don't worry. We have a whole month to explore the city of Venice." I get up to go lay down next to him. "I know you're excited but you have to sleep tonight so you can wake up tomorrow morning."

"I can sleep on the plane. We have an almost ten-hour flight."

"If you do that you're going to have major jet lag."

"What do you mean?"

"Italy is six hours ahead of us. We have a ten-hour flight. By the time we get there, it's going to be ten o'clock their time and four o'clock our time."

"And you just know that?"

"Mhm."

"Really?"

"No, I googled it. Did you believe me?"

"Not for one second."

"Go to sleep."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Danni."

***

Huge time skip but I wanted to have her birthday in this book along with some of their senior year so... ergo time skip 

They're going to Italy!!!

I wanna go to Italy so bad.

it's also actually my birthday today! 

6479 words.