Chapter Seventeen

~~Ruv/Sarv's perspective~~

Ruv walked around the church, looking for Sarv. He soon bumped into her, and she immediately looked up at him with concern. "Are you ok!? I told you to rest!" She said.

Ruv just nodded. "I'm fine..but...I need to talk to you about something. It's about (y/n)." He said. Sarv tilted her head a bit. "Oh. What is it?" She asked, curious.

The man let out a sigh, hesitating before finally speaking. "So..um...I'm sure you saw..." He trailed off, making a motion to his arm. "Oh...yeah. I've been meaning to talk to you about that." Sarv said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Just...don't bring it up around her. If she wishes to speak of it, she will. Just don't initiate it." He explained calmly. Sarv nodded in response. "Alright. I understand." She said, giving a gentle smile.

Ruv gave a nod before heading back to your room, quietly opening the door and entering. As he closed the door behind him, he saw you were asleep, and he mentally smiled.

He quietly walked up to your bed and gently pulled the covers up over you better, moving a few strands of hair out of your face. You shifted a little and smiled in your sleep.

Ruv quietly went back to the door, stopping and turning around to look at you one last time. "I love you." He said in almost a whisper before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

~~Normal perspective~~

You heard that.

You'd just barely woken up as Ruv covered you and fixed your hair. You'd just started falling back asleep as he left, but you heard him speak.

"I love you."

The words played on repeat in your head and you felt your face heat up.

'Does he really?'

You smiled a little as you began to drift off again.

~~We gon do a little time skip to after the recovery~~

You were sitting on your bed, with Ruv sitting on the floor near you. You looked at him, hesitating before breaking the silence.

"Hey Ruv..?" You started, moving to a position where you were laying on your stomach, a little closer to him.

He looked up at you, waiting for you to continue. You hesitated, trying to think about how to word it properly, but you just couldn't, so you shook your head. "Nevermind."

He raised an eyebrow, confused, but just nodded his head. If you wanted to tell him, you would, and he respected that.

You smiled a little and rolled over on your back, staring at the ceiling.

"I love you."

You made a high pitched noise, similar to a squeak, and covered your head with a pillow. 'Why now?'

He turned to you again, raising an eyebrow. "You alright?" He asked, noticing the way you had the pillow on you.

"Y-yeah..just...thought of something." You gave a muffled reply, not moving the pillow.

"If I may ask, what was it?"

Oh hell nah.

"Nothing important! Just...something!" Your voice went higher pitched and you gripped the pillow to hide your red face.

The man paused for a moment before nodding. "Alright then." He said quietly, not entirely sure how to properly react.

It was silent for a while. A long while.

Too long.

Finally, you couldn't take it anymore, and the words slipped from your mouth.

"I heard you..."

It was quiet and muffled from the pillow over your face, and Ruv didn't quite hear it.

"Hm? What was that?" He asked.

"I...heard you."

He still didn't hear properly. "Apologies. Can you repeat that one more time?"

You threw the pillow off your face, practically yelling this time. "I said I heard you! I fucking heard you, ok!?" You quickly buried yourself under the blanket, pulling the pillow back over your head.

Ruv raised an eyebrow. "You heard me? Heard wha- ohhh..." He trailed off, looking away. "You mean from the other night don't you.." His voice was almost a whisper.

"Mhm.."

He nodded. "I see."

It grew silent again, however, this time was more awkward.

You heard him get up, and you peeked your head out from under the blanket and pillow to see him walking to the door.

"Wait."

"Hm."

"Do-...do you really..?"

He turned around to face you and sighed. You knew. He might as well tell you.

"I do."

He took a breath, hesitating before finally speaking.

"I..know it's a bit..odd..especially coming from me. I tried denying it at first. I didn't know what it was. Though, I soon came to realize it wasn't something I could just push away like everything else. The...date..we went on only proved that. I understand if you don't return the feelings, but, since you asked, I felt I needed to answer honestly. So yes (y/n). I love you."

He took a breath and let out a shaky sigh, closing his eyes. His heart pounded in his chest. If he didn't know any better, he would've thought it was a heart attack.

You took a moment to take everything in. To process what all he said.

'So it wasn't a dream.'

'He really does.'

You slowly moved the blankets off of you and got up, walking to him. Once there, you looked up at him, gently taking one of his hands in yours.

"To be honest, I denied my feeling as well. I didn't wanna let myself fall for someone so quickly. So easily. I was scared. Scared to be hurt again. But after everything we've been through so far, I know I can trust you. You've done so, so much for me and I know I can never thank you enough."

You smiled, probably more than you've ever smiled, as you gently tightened your grip on his hand.

"I love you too Ruv. More than anything in the world."

You could've sworn you saw the corners of his mouth twitch a little. He was trying to smile.

He then lifted you up to his level, and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"May I?" He asked.

"You may." You said with a smile.

He nodded and leaned in, closing his eyes. You did the same, and your lips locked together.

You wrapped your legs around him as the two of you kissed. It was gentle, yet loving, and both of you enjoyed every second of it.

Eventually, you both pulled apart for air. You smiled again, and you saw the corners of his mouth twitch a little.

"I love you Ruv."

"I love you too (y/n)."