𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

—EIGHT

EIGHT.

---

"Were you acquainted with any of them? There don't seem to be any survivors around here. We were advised that several rookie Mizunoto had joined the battle, but they might be dead by now, don't you think?" A cheerful yet emotionless voice exclaimed, three Hashiras standing over the corpses of demon slayers.

Kocho Shinobu, the insect pillar, looked around the clearing, corpses lay everywhere she looked.
Next to her, Giyu Tomioka, the water pillar, looked down at a nearby body, face void of any emotion.
And lastly, Hikaru [LastName], the shadow pillar, looked around impatiently.
He knew his little sister was on this mountain, since he could sense her, and he was worried.

"My little sister is here, so if we could wrap this up and get going that would be great." Hikaru snapped his fingers, as the trio ran along the dirt paths.

"Oh, how lovely it would be to meet your sister! Is she just as charming as you, I suppose?"

Hikaru only nodded, both him and Tomioka staring straight ahead.

"All right, then, let's split up here. I shall proceed from the west." Shinobu informed.

"Agreed. Me and Hikaru will cover the other areas." Shinobu nodded at Tomiokas words, disappearing into thin air, as the duo kept running in the same path.

---

You puffed air in and out of you, trying so hard to get your blade through the demons arm, but it almost seemed stuck in place.
The demon stuck out its other arm, throwing another punch, before Inosuke quickly stabbed both swords into his other arm.
He, too, had no luck getting the blades through, as the demon roared and pushed both of you away from it.

"We can't slash him even if we use an attack! What should we do? What should we do?!" Tanjirou muttered, watching as the demon lunged towards him.

He quickly lept away, allowing Inosuke to come from above, only to be shoved away with force, landing in the river.

"Ouch! All that force with just one swipe of it's arm! It's no good! I'm not at full power! Not to mention, the bleedings making me stumble!" The demon lunged towards Inosuke, as he ran towards where you were standing.

You watched as Tanjirou sliced a tree in half, it quickly coming down onto the demon, crushing it between the trunk and river bed.
You and Inosuke breathed in relief, watching as the demon struggled under water.
You gripped your sword, breathing in and using a form to try and cut the demons head.
However, as your sword was about to make contact, the demon quickly lifted the trunk, as your blade was caught in the thick bark.