𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

-THIRTEEN

-
THIRTEEN

---

You and Tanjirou ran along side each other, following his crow to the Rengoku household.
You clutched Tanjirous' shoulder tightly, your wound making it hard to run upright.
As the two of you made it to the house, you noticed a boy about your age sweeping in front of the house.

"Are you Senjuro?" Said boy looked up, eyes widening at the sight of you both.

"Have you heard of Kyojuro Rengoku's passing? We have messages from Kyojuro for his father and for you, Senjuro. So we've come to relay them to you." Tanjirou explained.

"From my brother? I already know what happened to my brother." You and Tanjirou went pale, distraught written all over your faces, "Excuse me! Are you all right? Your faces are deadly pale!"

"Knock it off! He would've only left the most worthless of messages, anyway. Look what he got for becoming a swordsman when he had no real talent! No wonder he died! Worthless! What a fool of a son Kyojuro was!" A man stepped out of the house, a bottle of sake in his hand.

Senjuro looked down, tears already filling his eyes.

"Hold on! You're going too far! Don't ever talk about him like that!" You stepped in front of Senjuro.

"Who the hell are you? Get out! Don't you dare set foot on our property!"

"We're with.. the Demon Slayer Corps!"

Kyojuros father suddenly dropped his bottle of sake, muttering something about sun breathing before running over to Tanjirou and shoving him onto the ground.
You ran over, taking a hold of the man's hair and pulling it backwards.

"Father please stop! These two are still not well! Can't you see by their faces!"

The man shoved Senjuro off him as you watched in anger, you pulled his hair, pulling him off Tanjirou and kicking him in the face, which he easily avoided.

"Why are you acting like this, anyway? Insulting your own child, who's lost his life.. And hurting your youngest? What is wrong with you?!" You shouted, helping Tanjirou up.

"You.. You're mocking us, aren't you? Both of you!"

"What makes you say that?! We have no idea what you mean! Now you're just slandering us!" Tanjirou shouted, confused.

"That's because you're a wielder of the Sun Breathing technique! And don't think I don't know what technique you have either, girl! I know about those earrings! I-It was in the book! Those two breaths.. the first two breathing techniques ever created! The two most powerful of them all! Every technique is derived from Sun Breathing, except Spider Lily breathing! All the others just mimic Sun Breathing." The man took a second to breathe, pointing a finger at the both of you.